Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Upcoming Mods (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/upcoming-mods-25594.html)

lucky13 07-12-2011 10:10 AM

Upcoming Mods

Iíve had my 07 Hemi Limited for about 16 months. The only thing I have done thus far is to have an Alpine INA-W900 installed. I do not take the car off road and would like to improve its looks and performance.

I decided that over the next several months that I will be addressing the below areas.

Cat-Back

I am considering going with the MBRP T-304 system. I was able to find a couple of videos on the site and I like the note of this exhaust.

I donít do a lot of highway driving, but does this exhaust create a significant cabin drone?

CAI

Iím havenít made a firm decision but I have narrowed it down to a few models

AFE Stage 2 Pro Dry
Arrington CAI
BWoody 3.5 or 4Ē

Based on what I have read the BWoody is the only true CAI of the bunch, but people have raised concerns with an incorrect IAT extension for the 5.7 and I could not find any current information if that issue has been fixed. Also with the lower placement of the intake the risk of hydro lock increases.

Any opinions on AFE or Arrington vs. Bwoody?

HID/Lighting

Initial plan is a Xenon Depot Xtreme Digital HID Conversion Kit for the low beams; either 4300k or 6500k. Additional changes may include the fogs and highs as well as LED tail lamps.

robpp 07-12-2011 10:16 AM

Re: Upcoming Mods

IMO
get a cat back with a resonator or else you will have lots of drone. or just use the stock reso and change the muffler/

IMO
bwoody too low and you will have to make the wiring work.
arrington overpriced and no box
get the afe

Lighting XD :thumbsup:

SvenskaJeepGuy 07-12-2011 02:23 PM

and no need to have hids in the high beams, they need to warm up and your lows and fogs will be bright enough

lucky13 07-12-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 446193)
IMO
get a cat back with a resonator or else you will have lots of drone. or just use the stock reso and change the muffler/

So the drone from MBRP will be that noticeable?

What about a Magnaflow or Borla compared to the Gibson? In terms of sound at idle and then WOT.

SvenskaJeepGuy 07-12-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky13 (Post 446481)
So the drone from MBRP will be that noticeable?

What about a Magnaflow or Borla compared to the Gibson? In terms of sound at idle and then WOT.

yep, lots of drone with that muffler. i have a 4.7 with a magnaflow and it is great. nice low rumble at idle, just enough to hear it. then it gets a nice roar at wot

Scottina06 07-12-2011 08:24 PM

I have heard there is no drone from the mbrp...but thats just word of mouth...no actual experience.

dmsfun 07-13-2011 09:39 AM

Save the $ on catback as they are very costly for a stainless steel unit, and to be honest it will do little i anything for performance and will only make more noise, as the restriciton is in the exhaust manifold, not the catback. Some catbacks will lose low end torque, making it a performance downgrade from stock.
First thing I would buy is a catch can and clean up the TB, which will make it run MUCH better. Then get the AFE II and enjoy the intake sound and power improvement, rather than just loud exhaust noise from an aftermarket catback.

lucky13 07-15-2011 02:23 PM

I was able to find a local shop that deals with the majority of the exhausts I am looking at and they gave me the below prices.

Magnaflow $700 installed
MBRP $720 installed (T409)
Gibson $740 installed
Borla $980 installed

Are these competitive prices?

lucky13 07-16-2011 05:31 PM

I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Gibson and the Magnaflow.

Which of these is louder at idle and at WOT?

What benefits does the greater diameter of the Gibson hold over the Magnaflow?

05WK 07-17-2011 01:20 AM

Www.thefastman.com for a ported TB

lll2for3lll 07-17-2011 09:51 AM

Yeah. Get the Fastman for the full potential of CAI.

And get the afe.

lucky13 07-17-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05WK (Post 449260)
Www.thefastman.com for a ported TB

Quote:

Originally Posted by lll2for3lll (Post 449320)
Yeah. Get the Fastman for the full potential of CAI.

And get the afe.

Won't changing the TB void the remainder of my warranty?