Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Gotta love the remote start in this heat (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/gotta-love-the-remote-start-in-this-heat-25615.html)

AAAA 07-12-2011 08:21 PM

Gotta love the remote start in this heat

That's all.:thumbsup:

1200RT-P 07-13-2011 12:44 AM

Re: Gotta love the remote start in this heat

I don't get a lot of heat here, but remote start combined with windows down w/ remote are great when its on the hot side.

AAAA 07-13-2011 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1200RT-P (Post 446678)
I don't get a lot of heat here, but remote start combined with windows down w/ remote are great when its on the hot side.

A luxury enjoyed becomes necessity.

fireron 07-13-2011 09:09 AM

^^^Copy that. Older age seems to help with our enjoyment of these things also. Tinted windshield also helps with the heat. I had it done to our GC recently with 3M Crystalline 70 film and it is a marvelous thing also.

tat2boy 07-13-2011 05:23 PM

Living in Houston this summer's been unbearable so I definitely take advantage of the remote start whenever possible. But they used to say starting your engine with the A/C left on is bad. Is that still the case? I hope I'm not hijacking this thread with this question.

AAAA 07-14-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tat2boy (Post 446980)
Living in Houston this summer's been unbearable so I definitely take advantage of the remote start whenever possible. But they used to say starting your engine with the A/C left on is bad. Is that still the case? I hope I'm not hijacking this thread with this question.

No. They actually promote this feature to cool the car down. I do remember that time though. Of course I also remember when A/C was not even available on 4 cylinder vehicles.:D

tat2boy 07-14-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 447296)
No. They actually promote this feature to cool the car down. I do remember that time though. Of course I also remember when A/C was not even available on 4 cylinder vehicles.:D

Thanks for the response AAAA. Heck I remember I had to turn off the A/C in my old Honda Civic hatchback in high school just to get up to freeway speeds. I joked back then that the A/C off button was my secret NOS button. Thank god for my 5.7 Hemi now!

AAAA 07-14-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tat2boy (Post 447355)
Thanks for the response AAAA. Heck I remember I had to turn off the A/C in my old Honda Civic hatchback in high school just to get up to freeway speeds. I joked back then that the A/C off button was my secret NOS button. Thank god for my 5.7 Hemi now!

Since we are remembering the old days of A/C, I just thought of 2 other related events. My friend's father got a Buick in 1962 or so and it had A/C... first time we had seen it up close... huge compressor turned by 2 V belts. (For you youngsters out there V belts were also known as fan belts and the highways were littered with broken ones.)
Also remember driving around with friends in high school with our windows up to make our other friends think we we were wealthy and had A/C... couldn't take the heat after about 10 minutes!:lol:

tat2boy 07-14-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 447457)
Also remember driving around with friends in high school with our windows up to make our other friends think we we were wealthy and had A/C... couldn't take the heat after about 10 minutes!:lol:

Now that's real fake out dedication there! I wouldn't make it past a couple minutes in this Houston heat right now without A/C.

jmp42 07-14-2011 06:37 PM

I've found myself using the remote start every time I get in my Jeep for the past month or so down here in Florida.