Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Aftermarket NAV Upgrade Install Questions... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/aftermarket-nav-upgrade-install-questions-25617.html)

alamarca 07-12-2011 08:39 PM

Aftermarket NAV Upgrade Install Questions...

Hello,

I was wondering if you could help me out. I was told i needed a double din radio, nav bezel, mounting kit, antenna adapter, and scosche adapter.

I went ahead and purchased a Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD, NAV Bezel, Antenna Adapter, Mounting Kit, and the Scosche CR03SR wiring harness. I also purchased the Sirius radio package for Pioneer and the iPod cable.

I currently have an 06 GC LTD with the base radio, non nav.

Is there anything else i may need?

Installation instructions??

I have seen many threads relating to this install, but none that answer my questions. Perhaps you can help me out.

Thanks

lll2for3lll 07-12-2011 10:28 PM

Re: Aftermarket NAV Upgrade Install Questions...

You might need this and I'm think about buying it also.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...mpaign=froogle

VegasDragger45 07-12-2011 10:39 PM

I just installed the 4300 model in my 2010 liberty. I used an antenna adapter, wire harness, double din mounting kit, and a relay to bypass the parking brake to watch dvd's. It is a very simple install on the wiring harness the wire colors match up with the harness that comes with the radio so its easy. On my adapter i had a red 12v power wire with a fuse on it that i tapped into my cig lighter and have no issues at all

lll2for3lll 07-12-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasDragger45 (Post 446613)
I just installed the 4300 model in my 2010 liberty. I used an antenna adapter, wire harness, double din mounting kit, and a relay to bypass the parking brake to watch dvd's. It is a very simple install on the wiring harness the wire colors match up with the harness that comes with the radio so its easy. On my adapter i had a red 12v power wire with a fuse on it that i tapped into my cig lighter and have no issues at all

I did a similar thing but he might have the factory amp.

He need to start there first. Find out if he has it.

Cargo area left panel where the vent is.

VegasDragger45 07-12-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lll2for3lll (Post 446615)
I did a similar thing but he might have the factory amp.

He need to start there first. Find out if he has it.

Cargo area left panel where the vent is.

That is true. I didn't have the amp so I was lucky

alamarca 07-13-2011 03:15 PM

Hey guys,

Turns out i do have the amp...looked in the rear, left side and sure enough there was a silver box....

What steps do i take now??? assuming it is still a relatively easy install just maybe a tweek on the scosche wiring...

thanks

waiting on the radio, antenna adapter, and mounting bracket and im ready to rolllllll

alamarca 07-13-2011 03:16 PM

Which bypass did you use for the dvd's?

alamarca 07-13-2011 03:17 PM

that pac harness you showed me, i bought the scosche adapter instead...they do the same thing, just a different name, so what am i told...

lll2for3lll 07-13-2011 04:28 PM

You might need to PM robpp for more help because I did not have the factory wire harness. I think you need a CANBUS wire harness you work along with the OEM amp. If you use a regular wire harness, ACC wire will not work (not a problem, just find ACC power elsewhere) and you will not have sound (problem because the regular wire aftermarket harness will not power the amp).

As for bypassing the DVD filter, there are cheap pre-made relay harnesses on eBay. When you are ready, I can draw a schematic for easy installation. It's really easy.

alamarca 07-13-2011 04:40 PM

The CANBUS wire harness i have is the Scosche....

i think i am ready and ready for the installation schematic.....so excited.

alamarca 07-13-2011 04:43 PM

Vegas Dragger, which wiring harness did you use??? i was told that the Scosche or PAC CANBUS interface harness's would work.... is this true?

lll2for3lll 07-13-2011 04:53 PM

PAC CANBUS. Yes.