Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Dome lighting help? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/dome-lighting-help-25619.html)

ONEbadHEEPtruck 07-12-2011 11:29 PM

Dome lighting help?
 
I was wondering whats the cheapest way to put in dome lights in my 08 wk and i want the lights to last obvs and the price to not totally drain me. Thanks

Crestwood1001 07-13-2011 10:13 AM

Re: Dome lighting help?
 
What? Be more specific? We already have lights in the WK, weather you call them dome lights or map lights.

ONEbadHEEPtruck 07-13-2011 07:19 PM

Re: Dome lighting help?
 
Both dome and map lights i would like to change them to led colored lights but dont know where to get them and how to install them.

lll2for3lll 07-13-2011 07:28 PM

Re: Dome lighting help?
 
V-LEDS.com

Front overhead maps: 578 42mm festoon
Rear overhead maps: 168
Front under dash/foot wells: 168 or 906
Rear cargo lift gate: 579 or 168

robpp 07-13-2011 07:37 PM

Re: Dome lighting help?
 
i prefer the putco for the map and over the rear doors. i have them in over 2 years and they are flawless. i think they only make white I see 'colored leds' in your post.

i recently bought LEDS from superbriteleds.com. they do havwe some colors and are very well known for quality. oh and every item, if its on the page, its IN STOCK.

ONEbadHEEPtruck 07-13-2011 07:37 PM

Re: Dome lighting help?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lll2for3lll (Post 447073)
V-LEDS.com

Front overhead maps: 578 42mm festoon
Rear overhead maps: 168
Front under dash/foot wells: 168 or 906
Rear cargo lift gate: 579 or 168

Yeah i dont know how to install it

lll2for3lll 07-13-2011 07:47 PM

Re: Dome lighting help?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ONEbadHEEPtruck (Post 447082)
Yeah i dont know how to install it

This is all you need my friend.

Pry on the side that pushes in. Careful with the front maps. They are a little hard to get out. Don't brake them. And I also removed the bottom reflector and left them out.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...k/3d9213fa.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...k/62ee1eb7.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...k/a5e96397.jpg

DKS-1 07-13-2011 07:51 PM

Re: Dome lighting help?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ONEbadHEEPtruck (Post 447082)
Yeah i dont know how to install it

You'll need a torque wrench, a lift, some 90 weight gear oil, 2 assistants (one preferably being a dwarf or midget, 2 flat head screw drivers, 6 pack of beer, 3 strippers, a lock level, jig saw, orbital sander, soldering iron, 2 lbs of cement, 6 2x4's, some red paint, surgical lube, a live chicken, 4 floor jacks and 1 jack stand.


Or you could use his method and just use one screw driver^^^^

ONEbadHEEPtruck 07-13-2011 07:51 PM

Re: Dome lighting help?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lll2for3lll (Post 447086)
This is all you need my friend.

Pry on the side that pushes in. Careful with the front maps. They are a little hard to get out. Don't brake them. And I also removed the bottom reflector and left them out.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...k/3d9213fa.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...k/62ee1eb7.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...k/a5e96397.jpg

Thank you very much and the ones you got are plug and play. And can you also post a picture of what the lights look like?

lll2for3lll 07-13-2011 07:53 PM

Re: Dome lighting help?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKS-1 (Post 447090)
You'll need a torque wrench, a lift, some 90 weight gear oil, 2 assistants (one preferably being a dwarf or midget, 2 flat head screw drivers, 6 pack of beer, 3 strippers, a lock level, jig saw, orbital sander, soldering iron, 2 lbs of cement, 6 2x4's, some red paint, surgical lube, a live chicken, 4 floor jacks and 1 jack stand.


Or you could use his method and just use one screw driver^^^^



What the ****!!!! You got that all wrong mister. The chickens are for the exterior lights. You only need 1 rooster for the interior lights.

You dumbass.

ONEbadHEEPtruck 07-13-2011 07:59 PM

Re: Dome lighting help?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKS-1 (Post 447090)
You'll need a torque wrench, a lift, some 90 weight gear oil, 2 assistants (one preferably being a dwarf or midget, 2 flat head screw drivers, 6 pack of beer, 3 strippers, a lock level, jig saw, orbital sander, soldering iron, 2 lbs of cement, 6 2x4's, some red paint, surgical lube, a live chicken, 4 floor jacks and 1 jack stand.


Or you could use his method and just use one screw driver^^^^

Lol that sounds like not enough, i heard you need a jackhammer, forklift, payloader, and a dump truck and my friend used a bob cat, but scratch the bag of cement when i can just have the cement trunk.

lll2for3lll 07-13-2011 08:03 PM

Re: Dome lighting help?
 
They are all plug n play. Just go to V-LEDS.com and search for the ones you want to change.

Make sure they say HP or High Power. They are the ones that prevent blowouts from voltage spikes allowing them to last for a very very very long time.

With V-LEDS.com, you can choose between 5k, 6k, Blue, Red.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community