Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   CHR 550 help (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/chr-550-help-25721.html)

luv_psi 07-15-2011 08:23 AM

CHR 550 help

Hey guys, Ive just received my chr550 and have run into a problem.

Im in Australia and the mygig that I have in my GC is the 431 (RB2). From research Ive done it looks like the US equivalent is the 430.

The problem Ive run into is that after installing the lockpick I dont get the "TV" tab on the screen. I only get the AM FM tabs in radio mode and HDD, DISC, AUX and VES in media mode (I dont have a VES installed in the car).

The DVD in motion works and the factory reverse cam works, however quality has dropped considerably.

Its pointless not having the "TV" tab as I can get into the lockpick options. Anyone know what could be wrong and a possible solution?

I really want to get this working or it will be a waste of $300.

Cheers

luv_psi 07-17-2011 09:37 AM

Re: CHR 550 help

Anyone?

ENFORCER 07-18-2011 08:16 AM

You are better asking the company that makes them.
If I remember the TV is Sat TV and will never work down here as we do not have the Sat and services they have in the USA

Radside 07-18-2011 03:14 PM

I have no idea why it doesn't work. The only thing I would suggest is to check your cables and ensure that your switches are set right. As was suggested, also check with Coastaletech.

luv_psi 07-19-2011 07:39 AM

Coastaltech state that the chr550 doesnt work on overseas GC's.

Anyhow problem sorted.

The "TV" tab doesnt physically show up. However, if you keep changing bands using the steering wheel controls while in radio mode, after FM a third screen appears with "initialising" written on it and after a few seconds...the lockpick options appear.

Must be something to do with not having SAT TV I guess.

Radside 07-19-2011 08:23 AM

At least it is working for you. I don't understand why it does no work on overseas JGCs. I don't have SAT TV either but it works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv_psi (Post 450615)
Coastaltech state that the chr550 doesnt work on overseas GC's.

Anyhow problem sorted.

The "TV" tab doesnt physically show up. However, if you keep changing bands using the steering wheel controls while in radio mode, after FM a third screen appears with "initialising" written on it and after a few seconds...the lockpick options appear.

Must be something to do with not having SAT TV I guess.

luv_psi 07-19-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radside (Post 450634)
At least it is working for you. I don't understand why it does no work on overseas JGCs. I don't have SAT TV either but it works.

Maybe different software is loaded onto overseas GC's???

Not sure.

jaysonf 07-19-2011 09:25 PM

luv psi i am just wondering if it is worth getting the lockpick here in Australia. I am considering it but are the only benefits DVD while driving and reverse camera? Is there anything else that you found handy?

luv_psi 07-20-2011 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysonf (Post 451129)
luv psi i am just wondering if it is worth getting the lockpick here in Australia. I am considering it but are the only benefits DVD while driving and reverse camera? Is there anything else that you found handy?

I say its definitely worth it.

Have a look at the coastaletech website for a full run down of the features the lock pick has.

It allows DVD in motion, VES (if you dont have VES installed), front rear left right cameras, full ipod/iphone integration and A/V AUX input.

Bakes 02-10-2012 06:21 AM

luv psi,
you said that the quality dropped on your DVD and such is it still like that or did you get it sorted???

Ashton 02-10-2012 04:10 PM

Looks really cool. I'm going to seriously think about a CHR550 when I take delivery.

That said... Coastaltech's website makes my eyes want to bleed. :eek:

*sox* 02-10-2012 04:13 PM

The Lockpick V4 and the CHR 550 work only with US MyGIGs, its dont work with REP-RHP from the aussis this are not supportet, the problem are the software.

The CHR550 use the Tv Mode and this have only the US units in the software!