Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   Code P0274 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/code-p0274-25883.html)

venusfan 07-18-2011 02:48 PM

Code P0274

Was driving my '05 WK today and pressed on the gas and was doing about 45 when all of a sudden I loss all engine and power steering then the engine light came on. I tried to restart the car and it started up then shut down Immediately. I did that for a 3-4 more times then I waited a couple mins and it then started up. I took it to Autozone and they game me that code which I guess is fuel injector problem. I'm so cured because my extended warranty ended a month ago.

For the past few months when I start the car and it's on idle at around 500, the engine would race to 1000-1500 then back down. It was doing it constantly. I took it to chrysler but they said there was no problem. I am not a mechanic so is something like that an expensive fix at the stealership. Or could a reputable job do it for cheaper. Are there any remedies I can try.. please help

2005JGC 07-18-2011 03:11 PM

Re: Code P0274

What engine do you have?

I dont see P0274 injector 4 circuit high causing a vehicle shutdown unless its shorting out on something more important.

If you have a 4.7l engine your tps is your likely idle issue... VERY common also VERY common to not throw a code pertaining to its failure. Infact on the WJ they hardly EVER throw a code for the tps but will throw a p020x (x being 1-8 for the cylinder) for injector circuit failure due to internal circutry in the pcm being affected by feedback from a failing tps sensor.

venusfan 07-18-2011 03:26 PM

I have a 4.7L V8... the rocky mountain grand cherokee. Yea, it shut down. Then started up and the engine shut down immediately. I manage to make it home and parked it up. I called chrysler and they said bring it in Thursday. When the car is on idle especially when starting up it will race like someone is pressing on the gas. Been doing it for awhile and chrysler said there was no problem.

venusfan 07-18-2011 07:09 PM

I put a bottle of fuel injection cleaner in the tank and disconnected the battery and the light's gone so far. On idle the car still feels like it wants to stall. It will be as I said between 0-1 then it revs and come back down. I'll have it checked out tomorrow.

2005JGC 07-19-2011 03:42 AM

quoting me from another 4.7l idle concern thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005JGC (Post 395954)
vehicle running, with the TPS bolted up and plugged in. Grab the TPS and try to wiggle it around... you will find your idle freak out as you mess with it.

If your idle fluctuates while you apply force to the tps your tps is failing.