Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Video/Navigation/Alarms (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f165/)
-   -   Official 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee entertainment and Nav systems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f165/official-2012-jeep-grand-cherokee-entertainment-and-nav-systems-25941.html)

Scottina06 07-19-2011 01:27 PM

Official 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee entertainment and Nav systems

A wide variety of easy-to-use infotainment options are available with features that provide customers with seamless integration of consumer electronics, delivering drivers and passengers the conveniences of home and office.

Premium navigation and SIRIUS Travel Link are standard with the 730N Media Center CD/DVD/MP3/HDD radio. Also standard are a multitude of features including SIRIUS Satellite Radio and Uconnect Phone.

The available Vehicle Entertainment System (VES) includes a DVD player and rear seat overhead screen that deliver a variety of programming choices, with ports to connect games and media players with audio and video output capability, including iPodŽ connectivity. The Media Center or the VES remote can control multiple screen inputs and each screen can play something different.

New for 2012 is the available 825-watt, 19-speaker premium SRT performance audio surround-sound system from Harman KardonŽ. The system offers world premier innovation, featuring a 32-volt TPS (Tracking Power Supply) 12-channel Class D amplifier that delivers outstanding acoustics and brings multi-dimensional, quality sound for all interior occupants.

The new system uses GreenEdgeŽ speaker and amplifier technology to offer superior sound quality and high Sound Pressure Level outputs with minimum energy consumption. GreenEdge amplifiers alone outperform traditional amplifier efficiency by up to 55 percent, representing a net efficiency of more than 90 percent in some cases. The speakers are tuned for maximum efficiency and perfectly matched to the amplifier output.

The system's 19 GreenEdge high-efficiency speakers include nine tweeters, five mid-range speakers, two mid-woofers and three subwoofers located throughout the interior.

SRTDogg 07-19-2011 05:21 PM

Re: Official 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee entertainment and Nav systems

Jeep is keeping you/Milous/everyone busy updating changed specs and pricing info, huh!! :D

nosmoke 07-19-2011 07:28 PM

Milous/Scott,

Does the new rear DVD also still have the Sirius TV thing, with the Nickelodeon, etc, like the Overland does?

Scottina06 07-19-2011 08:35 PM

pretty sure the sirius TV went under

et1234 10-06-2011 11:27 AM

Correct no sirius backseat tv. Does anyone know why?

Scottina06 10-06-2011 12:14 PM

I believe it went bankrupt

jgc4ever 10-17-2011 12:29 AM

I test drove a 2011 Overland last weekend and it had DVD that included three stations: Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and another one (can't remember). And they work in the front on the Nav screen when in park. Don't know about the 2012 SRT8 but I would think it would too if you get the DVD/single pane sunroof option.

Schleprock 10-17-2011 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 499782)
I test drove a 2011 Overland last weekend and it had DVD that included three stations: Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and another one (can't remember). And they work in the front on the Nav screen when in park. Don't know about the 2012 SRT8 but I would think it would too if you get the DVD/single pane sunroof option.

With lockpick, you can watch DVD's on the front nav screen while driving in WK1's

nosmoke 10-17-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 499782)

I'd really like to think that if 2011 Jeeps have Sirius Backseat TV, and it's still working today, that they'd have to put it in the 2012 SRT8.

hamilbone 11-15-2011 11:04 PM

great info

*sox* 11-16-2011 05:09 PM

the 730n are the new 2. generation MyGIG RHR this are awesome unit from harman becker.

i have install the EU version RHW in my car, very good unit, bether voicecommand, uconnect and now with hdd usb drive compatibility directly and ipod-iphone-ipad also.