Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   First Time to Dealer for Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/first-time-to-dealer-for-service-25973.html)

dogface_313 07-20-2011 07:21 AM

First Time to Dealer for Service

So today I brought my WK2 into the dealer for the first time for a few warranty issues.
1. Paint defect on the left lower quarter panel.
2. Gap between the center console(cup holder area) and the panel in the driver's side footwell.
3. Passenger side tweeter rattles when the window is down.
4. There is a distinct crackle/pop from the speakers while playing music.
5. I wanted the TSB applied for the Ipod 4 blue tooth streaming.

The sevice rep i spoke with had no problems with any of those. Allthough he was not aware of the TSB for the Ipod4, and bucked a little when I showed him the TSB for the crackle/pop from the speakers because of my build date. We will see though because I convinced him about the symptoms.
The thing that has me nervous is when I showed him the paint defect he started picking at it with his finger saying he thinks it is glue. I take insane care of my car, polishing, sealing, waxing very often. That hit a nerve. Sitting in the waiting room now, feel like a parent whose child is getting their first shots. Hope they can fix those things, but hope more that they don't cause damage.

A caveat before I get beat up about it. I was not around to spot the paint defect, my wife took delivery.

RageOfFury 07-20-2011 08:34 AM

Re: First Time to Dealer for Service

Godspeed!:thumbsup:

dogface_313 07-20-2011 08:55 AM

Had to get out of there. Walked to Best Buy. Electronics and spending money calms my nerves.

JETLIFE 07-20-2011 09:14 AM

My girlfriends mom bought a new ford focus and there was a big glob of glue on the rocker panel that was painted over, it was a pretty easy fix, but still kinda lame... Typical north American quality control! Lol

Sgman16 07-20-2011 09:58 AM

This may be off topic, but watching the show "ultimate factories" Camaro, at the beginning they have a computer check welds and space tolerances on the frame; they have a human check any alerts from the robot. They show the worker checking it and his response is "Close Enough"...thought that was great. Back to the topic, let us know how the fixes go. I didn't like the fix for my sunroof rattle; service adviser said the put insulation in.

dogface_313 07-20-2011 11:10 AM

Parts are on order for the tweeter and console. Told me TSB for crackle/pop does not apply, however they may replace the amp anyways. Submitting a STAR case for the IPOD issues. He didn't really understand what i was talking about until we sat in there together. I know the TSB should fix that hopefully that is the outcome of STAR feedback. Submitted a claim for the paint defect, their paint shop might fix it. That sounds scary as dealer paint shops are usually terrible.

Overall outcome, nothing is fixed but the ball is rolling. Biggest thing is nothing new is broken. Service rep was actually very helpful, much more so then their sales department. Hence why i purchased 130 miles from my home haha.

SW03ES 07-20-2011 11:27 PM

Honestly? How bad is the paint spot?

I might leave it as is...

dogface_313 07-21-2011 06:48 AM

It is a big paint drip. Not very noticable to most, however i details cars as a hobby and i would always know it is there. I would say it is pea sized but it is raised off the flat surface. In my opinion no way it so have made it past QA/QC.

CentralTexHemi 07-21-2011 09:26 AM

Just making sure I read this right on your service encounter

1. YOU had to make the service writer aware of a TSB?
2. You had to walk not get in a provided loaner to go to Best Buy?
3. At the end of the day there is still uncertainty as to what will actually be fixed?

Again just pointing out what those of you who are willing to spend 60K+ on one of the new SRT Jeeps at the service your in for as it doesn't matter to the service writer if you just bought a 20K base model Charger or a 60K SRT the service is the same.

duce95 07-21-2011 11:16 AM

Chrysler does not offer loaners any more unless you purchased an extra service contract. Only some dealers offer them. Not many.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

mjw930 07-21-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duce95 (Post 452079)
Chrysler does not offer loaners any more unless you purchased an extra service contract. Only some dealers offer them. Not many.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Then Chrysler is unlikely to get $60K+ out of my bank account for an SRT and I'm a bit pissed I don't get treated better for the $45K I spend on the Overland.......

12167jeep 07-21-2011 12:44 PM

I was given a loaner car after a heater hose blew five days after purchase. Service manager called and asked if a car was available. The guy on the other end asked what i was dropping of and he replied a 2011 grand cherokee. So at this point im thinking cool i might get something equal. The little shop go-for made me do paperwork and told me no smoking and bring it back with same amount of gas and he said it was outside. I go out and bang-o! An old disgusting neon! no interior lights no radio and the smell of a dead hooker in the trunk. My poor kid was in the back begging me to smoke because it smelled so bad. It did have a pull ebrake which worked great at 40+ mphs. Yea i know thats why they give them to people, cause people beat on them. But i wouldnt have if it were something decent.