Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Interior request to Jeep for black/black burl ash wood Overland (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/interior-request-to-jeep-for-black-black-burl-ash-wood-overland-25995.html)

jgc4ever 07-20-2011 04:39 PM

Interior request to Jeep for black/black burl ash wood Overland

Please consider offering the Overland with Black interior with the BLACK OLIVE BURL ASH WOOD!!!!!!! in the United States. :thumbsup:

UNCjeepWK2 07-20-2011 04:41 PM

Re: Interior request to Jeep for black/black burl ash wood Overland

^That's partly why I opted for a black/black Laredo X... b/c of the black "wood" (yes, I realize it's faux wood, but still looks better, in my opinion, than the Limited/Overland wood.

jgc4ever 07-20-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNCjeepWK2 (Post 451628)
^That's partly why I opted for a black/black Laredo X... b/c of the black "wood" (yes, I realize it's faux wood, but still looks better, in my opinion, than the Limited/Overland wood.

Good choice. There are so many things I like from the Laredo, the Limited and the Overland. Wish we could order with whatever combo of parts from each of those models we prefer.

smoove7410 07-21-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 451627)
Please consider offering the Overland with Black interior with the BLACK OLIVE BURL ASH WOOD!!!!!!! in the United States. :thumbsup:

+1 That is the color combo I would like.

Dan JGC 07-21-2011 06:56 PM

The black wood trim was a major factor why I bought the Summit trim level. As I had previously plastic, the Laredo fake black wood is perfectly acceptable...I didn't care for the brown wood tones in the Limited and Overland. With the over lacquered wood, can anyone distinguish it from a good fake anyway?

jgc4ever 07-21-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan JGC (Post 452361)
The black wood trim was a major factor why I bought the Summit trim level. As I had previously plastic, the Laredo fake black wood is perfectly acceptable...I didn't care for the brown wood tones in the Limited and Overland. With the over lacquered wood, can anyone distinguish it from a good fake anyway?

The Laredo doesn't have the nice chrome strip under the trim pieces though. I'd actually prefer just a completely piano (gloss) black plastic or painted black brushed aluminum or brushed silver aluminum.

dsi jeep 07-21-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Please consider offering the Overland with Black interior with the BLACK OLIVE BURL ASH WOOD!!!!!!! in the United States
+1

I would love to be able to get it with my own choice of interior finishes

jgc4ever 07-21-2011 10:39 PM

Check out this picture of the Overland in Australia in black with black burl wood interior.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/attac...nterior-01.jpg

How sweet is that?! :drool:

Lingohocken 07-22-2011 02:18 AM

Just looking over a Summit today with that and saddle dash, great contrast and IMO runs circles around the black dash. Believe the saddle dash has been scrubbed for 2012, tho.:mad:

NHman 07-22-2011 07:34 AM

I wish Chrysler gave the option of selecting wood type or not for the Overland. If I could change one part of my Overland it would be leather steering wheel vs. wood/leather and use of dark ash. Oh well, perhaps next time.

Regards,
NHman

ENFORCER 07-22-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 452494)
Check out this picture of the Overland in Australia in black with black burl wood interior.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/attac...nterior-01.jpg

How sweet is that?! :drool:

Yep that is what mine will look like. I was originally told that it would be the brown wood as this is what the Hemi Overlands come with, but the CRD's have the black wood that looks the best IMHO.
Makes the car nice and black on black on black on black :cool:

netcoolery 07-22-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingohocken (Post 452568)
Just looking over a Summit today with that and saddle dash, great contrast and IMO runs circles around the black dash. Believe the saddle dash has been scrubbed for 2012, tho.:mad:

Gosh - why would they change it? After all, there's precious little difference between the Summit and a fully-optioned out Overland. The saddle dash was one of the few "Summit-only" distinctions.

Where did you hear about this change?