Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Getting Parts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/getting-parts-26092.html)

jp467 07-22-2011 06:21 PM

Getting Parts

In the past with just about every vehicle I have owned and many chrysler products when I would go in for service and they needed a part it was there the next morning. With the WK2 everytime I go in for service they order a part it is four to ten days to get a part. It doesn't seem to matter what it is it's serveral days away. It sounds like they need to get the local depots stocked up with some parts.

Scottina06 07-22-2011 07:25 PM

Re: Getting Parts

the WK2 has been VERY popular and all seuppliers are behind on parts for production and parts for dealers. I know my company cant keep up and has/in process of adding a new casting pit for the aluminum.

J13ntv 07-22-2011 10:27 PM

Maybe it depends on the part? Mine have been next day (Brake booster) and 3-5 for a trim piece which came in 2 days. The dash cluster took the longest, over a week plus but thats also due to the fact that it needs to be sent somewhere first to have your mileage etc put back onto the next cluster.

Technosavant 07-24-2011 03:05 PM

The front passenger seat belt on mine has had issues with retracting properly. In early May I took it in to have the dealer look at it. A D-ring was ordered.

Yesterday I finally received the postcard saying the part had arrived.

Getting some parts is slower than snot in February. I'm sure the popularity has something to do with it, but I also have a feeling that Chrysler just isn't ordering many parts from the suppliers. You wouldn't think it would take 2.5 months just to get a part that would probably cost about eight bucks.

AAAA 07-25-2011 08:23 AM

Depends if it is a model specific part too which means from Detroit in days/weeks or NAPA in an hour.

JETLIFE 07-25-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 453828)
Yesterday I finally received the postcard saying the part had arrived.

The fact that they sent you a postcard to tell you your parts were in tells me that your dealership is most likely the problem! haha how hard is it to pick up a phone and let you know? instead you wait forever for the part, then wait for them to ship you a postcard? lol some people....

J13ntv 07-25-2011 09:19 AM

I get a phone call the day it comes in, and if I dont come in fast enough, I get a postcard saying they will send it back in 14 days... :lol:

Technosavant 07-25-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .moneen. (Post 454320)
The fact that they sent you a postcard to tell you your parts were in tells me that your dealership is most likely the problem! haha how hard is it to pick up a phone and let you know? instead you wait forever for the part, then wait for them to ship you a postcard? lol some people....

The postcard is only a day or so to arrive; I don't know why they don't call when it comes in, it seems to me it would be pretty simple to do. I'm reasonably sure the part hasn't been sitting at the dealer since June.