Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   do 2008 tailights fit for 2005 ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/do-2008-tailights-fit-for-2005-a-26120.html)

richxgior 07-23-2011 01:17 PM

do 2008 tailights fit for 2005 ?

simple question...looking to buy the 2008 oem tailights..do they swap right in? dont want the 05 tails anymore!

GR33N D3M0N 07-23-2011 01:33 PM

Re: do 2008 tailights fit for 2005 ?

no they don't, you'd have to do some modifications, if it's even possible

robpp 07-23-2011 01:38 PM

moe is correct....need some modifications.....about the same as adding the early LEDs.

contact lipschitzwrath/

richxgior 07-23-2011 01:45 PM

what kind of modifications?

robpp 07-23-2011 02:33 PM

therer are dozens of threads on the subject.

basically the 08 tail has a 3 wire plug for the top bulb and a 2 wire for the reverse. the 05 car has an 08 pin.

to do it ghetto butcher is easy. I have diagrams here somewhere search on my ID. or you can find all the pinouts for the wiring here....

then just get some of those squeeze taps and have at it.

MOST OF US prefer to NOT cut or tap the oem harness for resale or other reasons so we buy a harness from a guy here to mate them up without touching an oem wire, all PnP.

either way, its def possible; just depends on how you want to tackle it.

Scottina06 07-23-2011 03:15 PM

the harness guy doesnt even come here anymore. I have a fried $150 harness from him......

robpp 07-23-2011 03:23 PM

he comes here as I and other have discussed harnesses with him via email recently. coopcooper just got a harness last week.

he said "THANKS FOR REMOVING HIS VENDOR AREA WITHOUT EVEN AN PM" telling him of it. all that wiring info just PUT AWAY for what Scott? the KING OF JG decided. and NOW THE KING IS PILING ON TOO. :(

and if you have a fried one its the only one I ever heard of or saw a post about and we both know there are 100's of these in service.
and why did you never post about it....i just tried a search and found nothing under your ID scott; just asking why you chose NOW to divulge this issue?
lets see what fried. have you asked for a refund or repair? things break all the time. did you bother to ask the vendor to repair replace refund?

BTW, if you couldn't tell, this is 'belligererent Rob' speaking :thumbsup:

Scottina06 07-23-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 453400)
he comes here as I and other have discussed harnesses with him via email recently. coopcooper just got a harness last week.

he said "THANKS FOR REMOVING HIS VENDOR AREA WITHOUT EVEN AN PM" telling him of it. all that wiring info just PUT AWAY for what Scott? the KING OF JG decided. and NOW THE KING IS PILING ON TOO. :(

and if you have a fried one its the only one I ever heard of or saw a post about and we both know there are 100's of these in service.
and why did you never post about it....i just tried a search and found nothing under your ID scott; just asking why you chose NOW to divulge this issue?
lets see what fried. have you asked for a refund or repair? things break all the time. did you bother to ask the vendor to repair replace refund?

BTW, if you couldn't tell, this is 'belligererent Rob' speaking :thumbsup:

you couldve pmed me...instead of being belligerent.......LOL

I wil ignore the "king of JG thing"

I didnt divulge it becuase I didnt see it necessary. My harnesses for my rear fogs melted into a mass and stopped working. Im pmed Lips and he told me he didnt have time to fix them and he would PM me when he had time. That was quite awhile ago.

His vendor area was closed because he didnt follow through with HIS committment! Nothing to do with me or anyone else.:thumbsup: As you know...we CANT give vendors FREE space anymore.

Scottina06 07-23-2011 04:29 PM

heres a pic. The drivers side didnt work at all the pass side worked sometimes...
http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/t...fogharness.jpg