Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Debadged! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/debadged-26152.html)

DaBigBone 07-23-2011 07:59 PM

Debadged!

1 Attachment(s)
Decided to take the badges off my Jeep. I love the look! I think I'm going to leave the "Hemi" on there though.

DAVY27 07-23-2011 08:19 PM

Re: Debadged!

clean!

TheAngryMinnow 07-24-2011 04:00 PM

i think im going to take my JEEP badge off but i cant bring myself to take the 4x4 or HEMI off:)

DaBigBone 07-24-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAngryMinnow (Post 453874)
i think im going to take my JEEP badge off but i cant bring myself to take the 4x4 or HEMI off:)

I debated pulling the HEMI off for about 15 minutes but I just couldnt do it :p

Megatron 07-24-2011 04:55 PM

Clean, I love overlands

jollymark 08-01-2011 05:55 AM

Debadging refers to the process of removing the manufacturer's badges from a vehicle. This can be done to complement the smoothed out bodywork of a modified car, or to disguise a lower specification model. Conversely, sleepers may be debadged to disguise any subtle evidence of high-performance. ...Debadging refers to the process of removing the manufacturer's badges from a vehicle. This can be done to complement the smoothed out bodywork of a modified car, or to disguise a lower specification model. Conversely, sleepers may be debadged to disguise any subtle evidence of high-performance. Many enthusiasts also believe that debadging a vehicle makes it easier to clean, as manufacturer badges are notorious for trapping wax, which is difficult to remove from small crevices. While most modern vehicle badging is attached with adhesive and can be easily removed, some emblems require varying degrees of bodywork to fill in voids and mounting holes left behind.

DaBigBone 08-01-2011 06:48 AM

Thanks?

blackpepper 08-01-2011 12:31 PM

Nice work, looks great!

DGoral31 08-01-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollymark (Post 457823)
Debadging refers to the process of removing the manufacturer's badges from a vehicle. This can be done to complement the smoothed out bodywork of a modified car, or to disguise a lower specification model. Conversely, sleepers may be debadged to disguise any subtle evidence of high-performance. ...Debadging refers to the process of removing the manufacturer's badges from a vehicle. This can be done to complement the smoothed out bodywork of a modified car, or to disguise a lower specification model. Conversely, sleepers may be debadged to disguise any subtle evidence of high-performance. Many enthusiasts also believe that debadging a vehicle makes it easier to clean, as manufacturer badges are notorious for trapping wax, which is difficult to remove from small crevices. While most modern vehicle badging is attached with adhesive and can be easily removed, some emblems require varying degrees of bodywork to fill in voids and mounting holes left behind.

what the... :confused:

jeep5.7 08-01-2011 12:38 PM

i took them all off except hemi,i figured i paid extra for it so mind as well advertise it

DaBigBone 08-01-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackpepper (Post 458011)
Nice work, looks great!

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep5.7 (Post 458019)
i took them all off except hemi,i figured i paid extra for it so mind as well advertise it

My thoughts exactly lol

mayor bloom 08-04-2011 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minol (Post 459717)
Debadging refers to the process of removing the manufacturer's badges from a vehicle. This can be done to complement the smoothed out bodywork of a modified car, or to disguise a lower specification model. Conversely, sleepers may be debadged to disguise any subtle evidence of high-performance.Debadging refers to the process of removing the manufacturer's badges from a vehicle. This can be done to complement the smoothed out bodywork of a modified car, or to disguise a lower specification model. Conversely, sleepers may be debadged to disguise any subtle evidence of high-performance. Many enthusiasts also believe that debadging a vehicle makes it easier to clean, as manufacturer badges are notorious for trapping wax, which is difficult to remove from small crevices. While most modern vehicle badging is attached with adhesive and can be easily removed, some emblems require varying degrees of bodywork to fill in voids and mounting holes left behind.

what is this garbage? I have seen it on a few post and why would someone post BS like this? Basically whats the point?