Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   What parts do i need !?!? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/what-parts-do-i-need-26196.html)

richxgior 07-24-2011 09:40 PM

What parts do i need !?!?

2 Attachment(s)
what parts are needed to make this gap WHOLE again! the part that connects to the rotor snapped as you see in the picture..what part is that? also what other parts do i need under the hood wise or around the headlight from what you can tell...all engine parts are intact and car runs and drives except for the front passenger side wheel..i already got a new hood...one left and one right fender..the srt8 bumper and right headlight..what parts do i need that are missing in the gap..im trying to order as much stuff as i can this weekend..also none of the frame bent all the bumper cover, and fenders took the hit.
Attachment 8548
Attachment 8547

Scottina06 07-24-2011 09:45 PM

Re: What parts do i need !?!?

you need the passenger side headlight bucket

robpp 07-24-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 454118)

yup, and other than that it should buff out.

seriously,,,,,i think you need the axle thing...half shaft. I wouldnt be surprised if you didnt needa few other front end parts.

richxgior 07-24-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 454118)

is that it? i cant find the bucket anywhere on a site really

SvenskaJeepGuy 07-24-2011 10:22 PM

why didnt you just let them total it and take it? a half shaft is cheap, but you are going to discover a whole lot of other problems in there

richxgior 07-24-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 454157)
why didnt you just let them total it and take it? a half shaft is cheap, but you are going to discover a whole lot of other problems in there

the other guys insurance totaled out my car..so i got to keep my car..im realizing that its only about 2500 in damage for parts and the rest just labor to paint and install so for a simple 5000 i rather have my car..and make 15 grand!
http://jeepgarage.org/images/imagina...c/progress.gif

Scottina06 07-24-2011 11:25 PM

I would do a partial clip on that side

richxgior 07-24-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 454194)
I would do a partial clip on that side

scott whenever you have the time bro..can u give me links to buy this stuff..i gotta have it in before friday, and im so clueless as to the name of the parts..i been trying to look for this stuff day in and out..cant find anything...would be the best thing you could possibly do!!

Scottina06 07-25-2011 12:30 AM

www.car-part.com you can buy every part you need

05WK 07-25-2011 06:48 AM

Have you put into consideration time and labor for paint? I had a side collision and it was $3750 for repairs and paint. only thing replaced was the front bumper cover, doors were repaired. Youd propb be better off getting rid of it, and putting these mods on a newer JGC..

Just my .02..

GL with whatever you decide to do!

robpp 07-25-2011 12:42 PM

yeah no one has told him this is a pipe dream .

first off its worth 10 maybe completed. paid 2500 for the wreck. that leaves 7500. its gonna cost more than 7500 for that thing to be fixed UNLESS ytou did every bit of yourself and you were near a salvage yard to pick up all the parts in GOOD USED condition/

sorry for the doese of reality but this is doomed if you are buying parts and shippng them AND you are payong someone, anyone, to do the labor/

i would suggest you get out now and try and recover the 2500 for the wreck.

just my opinion/

D-Money 07-25-2011 01:27 PM

Did the airbags deploy? I've heard they can cost upwards of $1500 a piece. And if they didn't u should sue somebody because that doesn't look like a light hit!