Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Installing the BA amp guide for a moron lol (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/installing-the-ba-amp-guide-for-a-moron-lol-2622.html)

Grandcherokee51 09-11-2009 08:02 AM

Installing the BA amp guide for a moron lol

Well i need some guidance on how to install the amp i got the whole ba system yesterday, and tried to do the amp but 1 i couldn't even get the whole side panel off i pryed part of it off, and when i peaked in i couldn't even see an amp. I tried wk jeep but i still couldn't figure it out, can anyone help out this moron lol.

Thanks
Tom

Matt 09-11-2009 08:54 AM

Re: Installing the BA amp guide for a moron lol

Start here,

http://wkjeeps.com/interior_trim.htm

robpp 09-11-2009 08:56 AM

tom its all on wkjeeps.

first take of the bottom piece on the door seal. it just pulls off. then do the same to the top piece, the one with like vents, next id the d pillar. a plastic pry tool might help with that one. then the c pillar, pry out the little cover. phillips screw onside. 2 10MM bolts, remove the floor.

now you can pry that cover off enough to see the wiring.

and if you are adding the ba, you will not have an amp inside there. hopewfully you have the wiring .........

Scottina06 09-11-2009 12:36 PM

Tom-unless your jeep had the BA system stock....you 99% dont have the wiring for the amp. Just pull the panel back enough to see if you have the harness.

Grandcherokee51 09-11-2009 12:38 PM

crap lol this stinks i didnt see any last night i saw wiring but i didnt see like the clips that would go into the amp

Scottina06 09-11-2009 12:49 PM

yep....I was told that unless a WK had the BA system there was no wiring for the amp. So I just tucked my amp away and installed the speakers.....then i was installing the rear VES and noticed I actually had the wiring. Milous told me it was impossible....but there it was....no idea how or why. You could be in this boat too....but according to what i've heard.......99% dont have the wiring.

robpp 09-11-2009 01:03 PM

i beleive Fabian had the wiring and no factory amp.

tom, there are 2 white plugs go into the amp. look like any auto connectors.

Grandcherokee51 09-11-2009 01:17 PM

i couldnt get the whole cover off id do it now but its pouring out if i have time this week ill try and take it apart again follow those instructions matt posted and hopefully itll work out ill keep you guys posted thanks for the help + rep for all

Matt 09-11-2009 01:37 PM

Keep us posted!

Grandcherokee51 09-11-2009 05:41 PM

Just got the 6.5s in wow does it sound so much better its ridiculous comparing the ba speaker to the stock one the stock one was a pos compared to the ba im very impressed.

Matt 09-11-2009 05:46 PM

Did you install the amp or just swap out the speakers?

Grandcherokee51 09-11-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 60226)
Did you install the amp or just swap out the speakers?

Just the speakers they took like 10 mins each, it started to come down hard and i dont have room in my garage to pull it in and take stuff apart so im waiting for a sunny day, its gonna be a tough project i have a feeling im scared taking off such a big piece.