Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   chrome door handle covers/ jeep hood deflector (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/chrome-door-handle-covers-jeep-hood-deflector-26266.html)

sinjin 07-26-2011 02:58 PM

chrome door handle covers/ jeep hood deflector

My 2012 WK2 Laredo should be here next week. Has anyone used the chrome door handle covers that are available on ebay, etc. If so what brand and what did you think??

Also, has anyone with a WK2 bought the jeep/mopar bug shield in either chrome or smoke and how does it fit and look. Pictures would be great!!!

cloud11244 07-26-2011 05:09 PM

Re: chrome door handle covers/ jeep hood deflector

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinjin (Post 455159)
My 2012 WK2 Laredo should be here next week. Has anyone used the chrome door handle covers that are available on ebay, etc. If so what brand and what did you think??

Also, has anyone with a WK2 bought the jeep/mopar bug shield in either chrome or smoke and how does it fit and look. Pictures would be great!!!

The MOPAR bugshield is not yet available. I got tired of waiting so I installed an AVIS Bugflector II. "Stampede" also makes one for the 2011 Grand Cherokee. You can see a picture of one at www.stampedeproducts.com after you do a search for you make and model. The AVIS looks similar to the Stampede. Installation of the AVIS was a little tricky since one of the fasteners is supposed to be a self-taping screw, but actually requires you to drill a hole to get the screw in. I didn't want to do that so I just used Gorilla tape instead of that particular fastener. The other fasteners worked OK and use existing holes in the underside of the hood.

xcespwr 07-27-2011 05:07 PM

What color vehicle? I have my 2012 coming in soon and I am thinking about switching from the chrome overland handles to mineral gray handles.

jgc4ever 07-27-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcespwr (Post 455783)
What color vehicle? I have my 2012 coming in soon and I am thinking about switching from the chrome overland handles to mineral gray handles.

I saw a Mineral Gray Overland at a local dealer and thought the chrome everywhere looked really good on that color.

I'm planning to get a new Overland in brilliant black and was thinking about removing the chrome mirror covers, the chrome handles and the chrome side strip, but I've decided I like the chrome handles and even the chrome on the sides. Still thinking of replacing the chrome mirror covers with brilliant black covers instead though...not sure what to do about those.

But obviously do whatever looks best to you.

sinjin 07-27-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcespwr (Post 455783)

My mineral gray 2012 laredo X should be here early next week. Guess I will see how things look but I am planning on putting Chrome Mirror caps and fog light bezels and might try the chrome door handle covers. I put chrome covers on my Suburban door handles and was very happy with them

DJGeyer 07-28-2011 03:36 PM

Does adding the chrome door handles effect the sensitivity of the keyless entry?

plynn7 07-28-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeyer (Post 456227)
Does adding the chrome door handles effect the sensitivity of the keyless entry?

It should not, the sensor is on the backside of the door handle, between the handle and door. The covers should only cover the outside of the handle.

JETLIFE 07-28-2011 05:32 PM

I don't think you guys should add any "stick on" chrome parts. That's cheesy IMO

jgc4ever 07-28-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .moneen. (Post 456314)
I don't think you guys should add any "stick on" chrome parts. That's cheesy IMO

I agree completely with this. If you want chrome door handles, by the OEM ones from Jeep parts department and install them by removing the door trim pieces, or pay the dealer to do it.