Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   I Need Help With Switchbacks..... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/i-need-help-with-switchbacks-26278.html)

lll2for3lll 07-26-2011 07:52 PM

I Need Help With Switchbacks.....

Installed switchbacks today they work but.....the driver side switchback flicker when on parking light and only while the WK engine is on.

Anybody know why????

And the longer I let the Jeep run, the dimmer the driver side switchback will get.

robpp 07-26-2011 08:17 PM

Re: I Need Help With Switchbacks.....

even belligerent Rob is speechless/

go d-check everything. i had a wire come loose on me yesterday when i thought it was all good.

lll2for3lll 07-26-2011 08:30 PM

I double checked wiring. Could it be because VLEDS sent me 6 ohm resistors rather than 3 ohm? I did however order 3 ohm.

I've seen post from people using 6 ohm and no problems. And mine are working. It's just the driver side dims the longer the Jeep runs.

It can be almost completely off but when I shut down the engine, boom, it lights back up like nothing is wrong.

lll2for3lll 07-26-2011 08:48 PM

Ok. I think I have too much resistance. Too much resistance results in low current.

What I think is happening is when my WK is running, it slightly pulls current away from things like that turn signal.

I'm kinda upset because I had been looking forward to this mod but not really worried about it. I'm going to call VLEDS tomorrow and tell them they sent me the wrong resistors and they better send me another set without me having to send in the wrong set the sent to me. Dammit. Lol.

They look really good though. They don't delay when flashing or turning on. They upgraded the logic in the build of the bulbs. Nice.

lll2for3lll 07-26-2011 09:48 PM

Anybody else have any ideas or do you agree with what I said above?

robpp 07-26-2011 09:53 PM

yeah 6 wont do it on the front.

6 is actually less than 3 according to lips. when you talk of resistance/

go for some LED in the tails and you can use those 6 ohms

lll2for3lll 07-26-2011 09:59 PM

What could be the reason for the switchback to dim very slow while the Jeep is running??

robpp 07-26-2011 10:06 PM

it goes from 100 to zero

or dimms then what happens?

i had the reistor wire broken in the rear yesterday/ when i turned of the lights I got the glow. also when they were on and I hit blink I got a weird slight pulsing.

the jeep also pulses the power its never always the same. so maybe without resistance weird shit happens.

have you tried rotating the bulbs. i seen weird shit happen when they are backwarsds. sometimes unexpected.

lll2for3lll 07-27-2011 12:05 PM

I've been trying to contact someone from VLEDS because I'm still clueless as to what could be wrong. Maybe I need 3ohm. I'm hoping they can tell me exactly what's happeneing.

robpp 07-27-2011 02:02 PM

dude forget vleds. they do NOT KNOW.

ONLY I KNOW ( belligerent Rob)

and 3 OHM or bust for the front.
on 08+ sometimes its 1.5 and sometimes 3 but NEVER 6.

END OF STORY close the thread and install 3 ohm.

JETLIFE 07-27-2011 02:29 PM

Yup, tried 6 OHM for mine too. Did the same thing you described. 3 OHM is where it's at.

ekaz 07-27-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 455681)
dude forget vleds. they do NOT KNOW.

ONLY I KNOW ( belligerent Rob)

and 3 OHM or bust for the front.
on 08+ sometimes its 1.5 and sometimes 3 but NEVER 6.

END OF STORY close the thread and install 3 ohm.

What b-Rob said. LOL