Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   new radio problem (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/new-radio-problem-26299.html)

nickdemarchis 07-27-2011 03:48 PM

new radio problem

aright so i took out my factory radio i bought a new pioneer single-din and i went to install it and my dumbass self touched a wire to something and it sparked.... so i deff blew a fuse because i cant get power to either my new radio or the old factory radio.... i checked every single fuse inside and under the hood switched the ones that were blown but still no power..... anyone know how to help me? or atleast tell me whats wrong with it off the top of your head.... also i went to a stereo place and the guy said i could have "major" problems anyone know what problems could arise from this?

yankees42 09-07-2011 12:16 AM

Re: new radio problem

i just did the same thing in my 05 limited. Did you find a way to fix the problem?

nickdemarchis 09-07-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankees42 (Post 480202)
i just did the same thing in my 05 limited. Did you find a way to fix the problem?

i wound up blowing a fuse like the one i didnt check lol so i have power back to my old factory radio but the harness the guy gave me at bestbuy was the wrong one so i had to run switched power from the 12 volt cig lighter...tried that got power but head unit still doesnt work im going to get a new harness as soon as i can hopefully i get this fixed soon cause im tired of listening to the same cd's over and over again

yankees42 09-07-2011 12:00 PM

Yeah I got the wrong wiring harness too from best buy, i ended up getting the right one from crutchfield. Do you remember what fuse was blown by any chance?

SvenskaJeepGuy 09-07-2011 12:28 PM

That is why you are supposed to disconnect the battery before working on electronics

JMLoughrey 09-07-2011 01:40 PM

Do any other functions in the vehicle not work properly? Cig plug? Dome light?

What harness did you get? You should have either a Metra XSVI 6502-nav or XSVI6502. If you have anything other then those parts (or the scosche equivalent) it will not work without running an ACC lead from the Left hand cig plug. You're factory deck is turned on an off by data, not 12V.

nickdemarchis 09-08-2011 01:33 PM

i dont remember what fuse i blew my bad but im planning on picking up the right harness from crutchfield cause it kills me to see my dash still taken apart about a month later :(

yankees42 09-10-2011 05:01 PM

Yeah everything else is working in my jeep except for the cd player. I believe I checked all the fuses and they all were ok. My stock cd player and my aftermarket one will not turn on

JMLoughrey 09-12-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankees42 (Post 482287)
Yeah everything else is working in my jeep except for the cd player. I believe I checked all the fuses and they all were ok. My stock cd player and my aftermarket one will not turn on

Do you have constant 12v coming into the deck? If so, since the radio/aftermarket radio module are turned on with data, you may just want to grab acc at the left hand cig plug to run to your deck, simple solution to probably a bitch of a problem.