Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Production delay! :( (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/production-delay-26320.html)

QuickOne 07-28-2011 09:57 AM

Production delay! :(
 
SRT just called and said there is a production delay on the SRT8's. It has pushed off the start of the SRT Performance Tour and they don't have a "definite" answer on when they'll be ready.
This supports all the folks here with them on order, but none moved into actual build status.
Milous can probably confirm or deny this, but that is what SRT told me this morning.

BostonDMD 07-28-2011 10:12 AM

Re: Production delay! :(
 
Bummer.......:mad:

fpf2 07-28-2011 10:21 AM

Re: Production delay! :(
 
A little information from them would go a long way... Just give us some information about what is going on over there!

QuickOne 07-28-2011 10:29 AM

Re: Production delay! :(
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fpf2 (Post 456087)
A little information from them would go a long way... Just give us some information about what is going on over there!

? They did give us some info. There is a delay.
From a business aspect, it doesn't benefit anyone to disclose the delay. It could be a worker death on the assembly line all the way up to a faulty lifter in production. There is no way releasing that information will help anyone any more than saying "there is a delay"
Just my .02.

SRTDogg 07-28-2011 10:51 AM

Re: Production delay! :(
 
Thanks for the info. Who knew the SRT Tour would be able to provide us with such valuable insight!! :D I'm glad you had made that connection earlier on!

That is a real shame, I wonder what it could be. I wonder if WE are the cause of this "delay" by somehow complaining too much about a trumpet exhaust or high $$$ or overpriced options or something like that... I'd feel bad, personally, then again it's reality and we are just calling them on it. If I screwed up at work I would expect to be called on it too. That is life. That is wall street even.

I'm glad we at least have some kind of update, and can stop stressing about this so much now perhaps. But it just seems like they don't have things together over there, making me question the viability of this Jeep and bigger, this brand. I don't recall any issues last go-around (5 years ago now?) when they originally launched it, so hopefully this isn't a sign of some future curse.

Then again, I still believe deep down inside that this is all a big charade and they are just trying to get the public salivating more, and chomping at the bit, kind of like Apple does with their iPhone launches.. :D

fpf2 07-28-2011 10:53 AM

Re: Production delay! :(
 
ya, but they could give us an estimate and nature of the delay... days, weeks, years... mechanical, parts, personal issues. With no view of the horizon they will lose customers.

QuickOne 07-28-2011 10:57 AM

Re: Production delay! :(
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SRTDogg (Post 456097)
Thanks for the info. Who knew the SRT Tour would be able to provide us with such valuable insight!! :D I'm glad you had made that connection earlier on!

That is a real shame, I wonder what it could be. I wonder if WE are the cause of this "delay" by somehow complaining too much about a trumpet exhaust or high $$$ or overpriced options or something like that... I'd feel bad, personally, then again it's reality and we are just calling them on it. If I screwed up at work I would expect to be called on it too. That is life. That is wall street even.

I'm glad we at least have some kind of update, and can stop stressing about this so much now perhaps. But it just seems like they don't have things together over there, making me question the viability of this Jeep and bigger, this brand. I don't recall any issues last go-around (5 years ago now?) when they originally launched it, so hopefully this isn't a sign of some future curse.

Then again, I still believe deep down inside that this is all a big charade and they are just trying to get the public salivating more, and chomping at the bit, kind of like Apple does with their iPhone launches.. :D

With the information available to us now, compared to then, there is much more advanced notice through unofficial channels, that we often make misconceptions about the way things should run.
Typically, you wouldn't have any of this information and you only hear what they officially release.
Which to my knowledge is that they weren't supposed to start shipping to the end of August or early September. Right?

On the other note about changes from feedback here, that is GREAT if that were actually the case. Way better than having them hit the streets and then hearing the complaints, right? There's no way to fix that, other than a model refresh which is a worse sign of a bad design.
I believe it has to do with some sort of design change, part change or supply issue that has created this delay.
Again, this delay is only a delay from the information that we've been leaked. Not something that was EVER official from ChryCo/Fiat.

mlarco52 07-28-2011 12:03 PM

Re: Production delay! :(
 
Delay or not I'm sure the people who ordered will receive theirs around the same delivery date that was originally thought of (wasn't officially released) but I mean whatever time frame they were on before probably hasn't changed much. Weren't they planning on storing some of the SRT right when they were done then shipping around a specific time so all dealers get theirs around the same time. I'm guessing people will still gets theirs on time. My guess is early September.

SRTDogg 07-28-2011 01:25 PM

Re: Production delay! :(
 
Yeah, really there is no delay, it's just they tricked Milous into leaking it out sooner than it was ready. :D

Milous 07-28-2011 02:28 PM

Re: Production delay! :(
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by QuickOne (Post 456102)
Which to my knowledge is that they weren't supposed to start shipping to the end of August or early September. Right?

...his delay is only a delay from the information that we've been leaked. Not something that was EVER official from ChryCo/Fiat.

Internal (official) documents originally listed the last week of August for beginning of shipments. Revised documents listed July 25.

SRTDogg 07-28-2011 02:57 PM

Re: Production delay! :(
 
And my guy told me about 2 weeks afo that the 29th was first shipment [for that dealership at least], and would receive them 1st week of August (they're in MI).

*shrug*

MikeH 07-28-2011 03:42 PM

Re: Production delay! :(
 
Milous, can I meet you up there and we'll start building them ourselves? Is anyone else worried that all these mixups, date changes and pricing issues will be reflected in the overall build quality in these particular Jeeps?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community