Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   Location of pcv valve? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/location-of-pcv-valve-26389.html)

kirk9312@cox.net 07-30-2011 01:30 AM

Location of pcv valve?

Where can I find the pcv valve on my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 4.7L V-8 engine? I would really like to change it since I just purchased the vehicle and it has 67,000 miles on it. Also, what is the EGR valve? Is that something I need to change?

SvenskaJeepGuy 07-31-2011 10:52 AM

Re: Location of pcv valve?

right on the tube where you add the oil........... welcome to JG. the EGR valve fails around your milage so you could replace it, it is in the back of the engine and a PITA to change.

kirk9312@cox.net 07-31-2011 04:20 PM

No, mine is not on the tube where I add the oil. That's where it is supposed to be but not mine for some reason and I have two 2007 Jeep Cherokees and neither one is on the tube. Hmmm???? mystery.

remmy 07-31-2011 04:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya go :)

bradley4kc 08-30-2011 08:00 AM

I have an 07 4.7L V8 flexfuel. I have seen a picture somewhere on here that shows the location of my pcv valve. It is on driver side header closest to fire wall. There is a visible blue clip on it where it goes into the header. I am hoping someone has changed that with some advice.

bradley4kc 08-30-2011 10:57 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Update:

Got the new pcv valve from dealer and replaced it. The old one was dirty but the machanism still rattled. Maybe could have gotten away with sprayin it with carb/brake cleaner -but - I figured I already went through the trouble to figure this out and get the old one out. So, I put the new one in:

It just screws in and out. Caution: if you just drove from the shop to get the part, then the one you're taking out will be hot. There is a hose that seats on top of the valve - just pull it off. Used a set of channel locks to unscrew the old and set the new one. (If you look at the fourth pic closely you can see it threads in just past the rear of the fuel rail). Reattatched the hose to the top of new pcv valve. Piece of cake!

The WK has around 54k miles and was having an erratic idle that hovered around 500rpm's. Now it purrs along at a steady 600rpm's. Plus, while I was figuring all this out, yesterday I changed fluids in front/rear diffs &
t-case, and changed brake pads. A good couple days work.

kg2mb 08-30-2011 11:04 AM

On my 3.7 its like the pic remmy has. does it pull off off the filler neck
or is it twist 1/4 turn or?:confused:

igotquestions 04-21-2012 02:05 PM

Wierd, I have a 3.7 too and its not there.