Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   advice on buying a new wk2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/advice-on-buying-a-new-wk2-26416.html)

bromhead 07-30-2011 06:30 PM

advice on buying a new wk2

Guys,
been trolling for a while with a few occasional posts.
Decided on a wk2 overland 4x4, v8, off road adv II.
i want the 2012 with the 6sp.
invoice comes in at 44,091
USAA buying program gets me the ability to pre order at 42,500 (1591 under invoice). I am also a member of AAA, Costco, amex, etc.
Thinking mineral gray (PDM) in black. Leaning towards the lifetime warranty for about 2,100 per what i see on our forum.

First new car in 14 years, I have been driving a 97 LR Discovery, so i am a novice at this.

Any advice? Be it in negotiations (price), or the car i have picked out. Any one have that interior/ext color combo, etc.

Any help appreciated.
Probably pulling the trigger Monday or tuesday. It looks like the process is i lock down on the price, sign a few docs and leave a .5-1k deposit and wait.

Thanks

jgc4ever 07-30-2011 06:47 PM

Re: advice on buying a new wk2

Your invoice price is $43,266. Your total invoice you have shown in your post has destination added in twice. The INVOICE pricing shown at wk2jeeps INCLUDES desitination charge. (It's the retail price that has to have destination added to it).

Great color combo by the way. I will probably be getting black esterior and black interior myself, but that's because I've been wanting to get a black one for so long even though the mineral gray is so nice it's really going to make it tough for me to stick to my plan of getting a black one.

HEMInator 07-30-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bromhead (Post 457296)
Guys,
been trolling for a while with a few occasional posts.
Decided on a wk2 overland 4x4, v8, off road adv II.
i want the 2012 with the 6sp.
invoice comes in at 44,091
USAA buying program gets me the ability to pre order at 42,500 (1591 under invoice). I am also a member of AAA, Costco, amex, etc.
Thinking mineral gray (PDM) in black. Leaning towards the lifetime warranty for about 2,100 per what i see on our forum.

First new car in 14 years, I have been driving a 97 LR Discovery, so i am a novice at this.

Any advice? Be it in negotiations (price), or the car i have picked out. Any one have that interior/ext color combo, etc.

Any help appreciated.
Probably pulling the trigger Monday or tuesday. It looks like the process is i lock down on the price, sign a few docs and leave a .5-1k deposit and wait.

Thanks

Out of curiosity how are you getting 2012 JGC USAA pricing? When I go through USAA or Zag.com all I see are pricing for the 2011 not the 2012. Thanks in advance for the help.

bromhead 07-31-2011 12:52 AM

yeah, the websites still list 2011. I went to the dealer, they build the build for msrp and fwp (invoice) and we went from there...

thanks for the advice on the destination fees

HEMInator 07-31-2011 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bromhead (Post 457403)
yeah, the websites still list 2011. I went to the dealer, they build the build for msrp and fwp (invoice) and we went from there...

thanks for the advice on the destination fees

Were you including ACC in your build that you list a price for? I'm looking for the EXACT combo as you basically (4X4 HEMI, ORAG II, Mineral Grey/Light Frost Beige). I know the RHR is included in the Overland now.

bromhead 07-31-2011 07:59 AM

Heminator,
Not sure what ACC is, other than a lousy sports conference :)
Yes,there was no charge for the 730 radio in my build, its now std. The only charges above and beyond the base overland 4x4, WKJS74 (40,426) was 1,954 for the EZH V8 and 886 for the AWY ORAIIG (which i still don't get, thats 3x more money than last year, yet it looks like the same package)...oh, and the 825 in destination fees that someone mentioned i shouldn't include...which brings you to the total invoice price of 44,091.

HEMInator 07-31-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bromhead (Post 457439)
Heminator,
Not sure what ACC is, other than a lousy sports conference :)
Yes,there was no charge for the 730 radio in my build, its now std. The only charges above and beyond the base overland 4x4, WKJS74 (40,426) was 1,954 for the EZH V8 and 886 for the AWY ORAIIG (which i still don't get, thats 3x more money than last year, yet it looks like the same package)...oh, and the 825 in destination fees that someone mentioned i shouldn't include...which brings you to the total invoice price of 44,091.

OK now I'm really confused. The ACC by the way is the Advanced Cruise Control package that comes with that as well as Rear Cross Path Detection, Advanced Collision Warning etc. Here's a link I provided on another thread that shows the AWY ORAIIG costing the same ($275) for 2012 Overland 4X4 as the 2011s. I can't understand why there would be any difference.

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...RJFCG5CC107239

bromhead 07-31-2011 10:23 AM

The off road adventure price confuses me as well. Apparently the same pkg as last year, but the price sky rocketed. I have posted a thread about it on our site, but got no answers. I have called a few dealerships and jeep themselves, and no one can explain the price to me either. But i have gotten two build sheets from different dealers, and that 995 msrp (886 invoice) price does appear for the AWY off road II pkg on v8 overlands on both of them...which is consistent with what w2kjeeps has as well. Looking at the w2kjeeps site, i see that the price is 275 if you get the pkg as well as the summit version of overland...which confuses me even more.

not that i think its relevant, but my builds were for a v8, 24p, while your attachment was for a v6, 26p....

HEMInator 07-31-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bromhead (Post 457485)
The off road adventure price confuses me as well. Apparently the same pkg as last year, but the price sky rocketed. I have posted a thread about it on our site, but got no answers. I have called a few dealerships and jeep themselves, and no one can explain the price to me either. But i have gotten two build sheets from different dealers, and that 995 msrp (886 invoice) price does appear for the AWY off road II pkg on v8 overlands on both of them...which is consistent with what w2kjeeps has as well. Looking at the w2kjeeps site, i see that the price is 275 if you get the pkg as well as the summit version of overland...which confuses me even more.

not that i think its relevant, but my builds were for a v8, 24p, while your attachment was for a v6, 26p....

Brom,

Right but the V6 vs. V8 should have nothing to do with it. The Overland 4X4 comes standard with Quadra Lift. If you look at Limiteds, there is a Off Road Group I and II. The 4X4 Overlands include Quadra lift already so it doesn't make sense. The 2012 sticker I showed shows $275 for the Off Road Adventure Group II. It wouldn't make any sense that the V6 Off Road Adventure Group II would cost less than the V8 Off Road Adventure Group II..the V8 is a separate option....I really hope someone in the know can weigh in on this! I was leaning toward picking up a 2012 but with a $1620 price difference already (base price increase from pre 2 May 11 builds and destination increase along with the $1K incentive) it would grow another $720 if the offroad group II is really $995 vs. $275 in the 2011s. Uggh.

bromhead 07-31-2011 03:02 PM

H,
I hear you,i am in the same position
It makes no sense