Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Magnaflow Question for 3.7 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/magnaflow-question-for-3-7-a-26424.html)

machinanyc 07-30-2011 09:54 PM

Magnaflow Question for 3.7

If i buy the magnoflow cat-back exhaust for my 3.7 is it a perfect fit or does there have to be anything done to the muffler? I'm looking for that V8 sound and reading the posts it looks like the magnaflow cat back would be my best choice unless anyone has any other opinions on what i should do to get my jeep sounding like the SRT8!

DaBigBone 07-31-2011 02:24 PM

Re: Magnaflow Question for 3.7

If it's designed specifically for a GC with the 3.7 then it should fit just fine.

I dont think you'll get any system to sound quite like an SRT, but you can definitely make it sound more aggressive,

05WK 07-31-2011 07:29 PM

Flow master Super 44...........................

KustomRider8 07-31-2011 07:35 PM

Plus you need to make an adaptor to the engine. 3.7l engine have one flange to the engine while the magnafLow/ srt mufflers have two flanges to the engine

05WK 07-31-2011 07:40 PM

It's a Liberty but I have the same setup only mine is dumped. I HIGHLY recommend this muffler. Same engine.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=MNq-BsMnCIQ

I was able to get a local exhaust shop to do mine for $130 out the door

machinanyc 07-31-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KustomRider8 (Post 457677)
Plus you need to make an adaptor to the engine. 3.7l engine have one flange to the engine while the magnafLow/ srt mufflers have two flanges to the engine

Really? I thought i could just weld the magnaflow on, it's specific to the 3.7.

richxgior 08-07-2011 02:20 PM

just remove the whole muffler xD

Dumesday4u 09-09-2011 04:16 PM

im having a local shop put a full 3" magnaflow catback that goes into dual tips out back for aesthetic.

machinanyc 09-12-2011 03:41 PM

you have a 3.7?

Dumesday4u 09-13-2011 10:32 AM

i have a 3.7. i atually changed my mind right before doing it. heard what a flowmaster 50 series sounded like on youtube and opted to go with the flowmaster 50 HD. i was considering the full catback into custom duals but figured the money was better spent elsewhere since it wasnt going to make the jeep go any faster. ended up just replacing the muffler and getting a custom tip. looks and sounds amazing now. i suggest going with a flowmaster.

btw. even with airaid intake + flowmaster exhaust, i still think this car is slow as B@LLz. i just sold 2003 BMW M3 for this. its two totally different cars so you know what i must be feeling. there is nothing i can do to this 3.7 that will make it anywhere close to the M3. regardless, i love this car and i don't regret getting it. Maybe just regret not getting a V8. i was really concerned about MPG coming from the m3, but now i wish i never had that thought in my mind while shopping.

machinanyc 09-13-2011 12:13 PM

Thanks for that bro, but i still think i'm gonna go with the magnaflow only cuz i got a great deal for it and its specific to the 3.7. It sounds great and i know its not gonna make it go faster but if i wanted it fast i would've bought a V8.

antsjeep 09-16-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dumesday4u (Post 483825)
i have a 3.7. i atually changed my mind right before doing it. heard what a flowmaster 50 series sounded like on youtube and opted to go with the flowmaster 50 HD. i was considering the full catback into custom duals but figured the money was better spent elsewhere since it wasnt going to make the jeep go any faster. ended up just replacing the muffler and getting a custom tip. looks and sounds amazing now. i suggest going with a flowmaster.

btw. even with airaid intake + flowmaster exhaust, i still think this car is slow as B@LLz. i just sold 2003 BMW M3 for this. its two totally different cars so you know what i must be feeling. there is nothing i can do to this 3.7 that will make it anywhere close to the M3. regardless, i love this car and i don't regret getting it. Maybe just regret not getting a V8. i was really concerned about MPG coming from the m3, but now i wish i never had that thought in my mind while shopping.

I feel your pain bro haha... i came from a 2002 Audi S4 (2.7L TT, APR tuned, Borla CB, AWE SMIC's & Down Pipes, etc...) and this thing is almost like driving a bus compared to what i had. Funny i almost bought the Rocky Mountian Edition with the 4.7L in it and said i need to spend less on gas so i went with the 3.7L.... boy was i wrong, lol.

Regardless i love my jeep, my only regret was not getting the 4.7L, but oh well. Riding high up is alot of fun :p