Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Right Hand GC SRT8 ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/right-hand-gc-srt8-26432.html)

ENFORCER 07-31-2011 05:26 AM

Right Hand GC SRT8 ?

I was wondering if anyone has seen or has more info regarding a right hook version of this car for your Aussie friends ?

robpp 07-31-2011 07:04 AM

Re: Right Hand GC SRT8 ?

as far as I know they did not make a RHD version of the first srt8 jeep however they did export some to AU

madmtnbiker@gmail.com 07-31-2011 07:08 AM

There is definitely RHD of the SRT8 here in the UK...the 2006-10 model...

robpp 07-31-2011 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmtnbiker@gmail.com (Post 457429)
There is definitely RHD of the SRT8 here in the UK...the 2006-10 model...

well my bad then/

i know they are there but for some reason I had it in my head they were LHD.

thanks for the wake up :thumbsup:

soontobesrt 07-31-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 457432)
well my bad then/

i know they are there but for some reason I had it in my head they were LHD.

thanks for the wake up :thumbsup:

REALLY? WOW, I too thought they were LHD only exported to the states in which that was legal? Had no idea they made the RHD for those of you guys too :lol:

Thats awesome though. I want to have the first RHD in the states! QUEST BEGINS NOW!

FTR - I know its next to impossible to do and make it legal due to import costs and then legal paperwork. Some say its not possible but Ive seen plenty of RHD JDM stuff driving around. So unless those were illegal or its a year to year thing, Id say it can be done :D

robpp 07-31-2011 01:56 PM

good luck getting it inspected in the garden state though LOL maybe out here where they only care about emmisions. you can have a spiderweb windshield and bald tires, no brakes, etc, no one looks at that. but if you dont pass the smog test every 2 years, 4 year for BRAND NEW you done/

so then its just if the local and state gendarmes can find a violation in your work. i have seen london taxis in the NYC. RHD so I bet age may have something to do with the ruules as well.

ENFORCER 07-31-2011 11:48 PM

Here is a link to an Oz spec one.
What I was hoping is if anyone knew of any right hook ones being tested or made.

Marlin 08-01-2011 12:53 AM

They're doing a right hooker of the new WK2, but not until next year. It will be made alongside the LHD, US market SRT8.

I'm suprised that some of the NOOBS that have been here forever didn't know the Gen 1 WK was made in SRT guise in RHD, just the rest rest of the WK range.

ENFORCER 08-01-2011 03:14 AM

I have only seen one WK SRT8 here in Sydney and only saw my first WK2 on Sunday. Nice looking Mineral Grey Limited.
I would have thought that we should have seen or heard about the RHD SRT8 by now. I know there have been rumours, but no pictures or official info.

Milous 08-01-2011 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENFORCER (Post 457422)
I was wondering if anyone has seen or has more info regarding a right hook version of this car for your Aussie friends ?

To date they have only built a very small number of 2012 RHD SRT's, all to euro specs. Don't know yet when they will run pre-production models for Australia.

ENFORCER 08-01-2011 05:04 AM

Thanks mate that is good news, as I am sure they will not forget their mates down under.

GenevaSRT8 08-01-2011 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 457810)
To date they have only built a very small number of 2012 RHD SRT's, all to euro specs. Don't know yet when they will run pre-production models for Australia.

You had me at "euro specs" :thumbsup: