Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Did anyone receive Sirius subscription extension on 430N? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/did-anyone-receive-sirius-subscription-extension-on-430n-26450.html)

JoeSchmoe007 07-31-2011 12:57 PM

Did anyone receive Sirius subscription extension on 430N?

Did anyone receive Sirius subscription extension on 430N? I just received Travel Link update disc (I actually installed update several months ago when someone posted ISO image here). The letter incuded with the disc says "...you'll be able to enjoy this service for the remainder of your Sirius XM audio trial subscription (12 months from the date of the vehicle purchase)".

azzolij 07-31-2011 05:24 PM

Re: Did anyone receive Sirius subscription extension on 430N?

Mine was extended to 2012.

Remleym 07-31-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 (Post 457543)
Did anyone receive Sirius subscription extension on 430N? I just received Travel Link update disc (I actually installed update several months ago when someone posted ISO image here). The letter incuded with the disc says "...you'll be able to enjoy this service for the remainder of your Sirius XM audio trial subscription (12 months from the date of the vehicle purchase)".

Yep, my subscription was also extended an additional 12 months - for a total of 24 months from purchase date.

AAAA 07-31-2011 08:51 PM

Someone said elsewhere that the extension went to those who were past a certain date of ownership. I did not get an extension as my vehicle is only 4 1/2 months into the 12 free months. Maybe it was 6 months.

Bob WK2 07-31-2011 09:41 PM

I just received the disk, the letter included did not say anything about the 12 month extension. Chrysler told me about 2 months ago that I'm getting it as I took delivery in December.

JoeSchmoe007 08-01-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 457711)
Someone said elsewhere that the extension went to those who were past a certain date of ownership. I did not get an extension as my vehicle is only 4 1/2 months into the 12 free months. Maybe it was 6 months.

How is that duration of ownership is determined? At the date when Chrysler mailed the disc?

WK2 Rover 08-01-2011 10:48 AM

My account still showed the new car subscription, so I called Sirius and gave them the particulars, including the TSB number and quotes for "Group 1" and "additional one year". Somehow they extended my subscription for 3 months.

I emailed Jeep, and they sent me another installation disk.

I called Jeep, and the rep confirmed that I was eligible for the 1 year addition. He said he had to take this up the chain a little and would call back in a few days. Two weeks later no callback and no subscription extension.

I will keep after them, and update the forum.

computerwiz621 08-01-2011 03:43 PM

I called about this to Jeep Customer Service and found out that I am not eligible for the extension even though I fall into the date range of group 1. They said only those whose Window Sticker said Sirius Travel link on it would get the extension. Mine didn't say that.

billyp 08-01-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by computerwiz621 (Post 458136)
I called about this to Jeep Customer Service and found out that I am not eligible for the extension even though I fall into the date range of group 1. They said only those whose Window Sticker said Sirius Travel link on it would get the extension. Mine didn't say that.

I also checked w/dealer about RHB update,since I fall into the same range of build dates. My build sheet reads "RHBS",did not have Travel Link on window sticker either,so I guess we are out of luck.

AAAA 08-01-2011 08:35 PM

My window sticker does not say Sirius Travel. Damn!

IndyBob 08-04-2011 06:59 PM

I did not get the extension either. Travel link is not on the sticker but it is on the build sheet.

bozer 08-05-2011 01:22 PM

What does this disc do? I installed it this morning but didn't notice anything other then the NAV button looks different. Also, how do you get the extension, must you call Sirirus? Lastly, how the hell do I use Travel Link? Where is it accessed?