Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   Re-Calibrating tire size with Trinity/Diablosport/Predator (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/re-calibrating-tire-size-with-trinity-diablosport-predator-26460.html)

08Hemi 07-31-2011 08:57 PM

Re-Calibrating tire size with Trinity/Diablosport/Predator

What has been you experience updating your tire size with the DS Trinity. I have an 08wk 2wd (accouring to them the 2wd is not the issue, it is for all models) and for over a year now they have not fixed this issue. I was told at time of purchase that the issue was with the 05's and that the 08' would have no problem updating to new rolling diameter. Yes I know it is not that far off, but still this is a function I purchased. Please let me know if you have had a similar problem and what you are doing about it...JG unite!! :slapfight:

Here is my response to Diablosport after over a year of trying to be able to update my tires...

Quote:

well I updated my trinity with the dcx gas update, and already had the most recent u7137 update...and still NO DICE! I tried with the full tune install, and the quick adjustment...both time I press apply it says "unable to update tire size"

Please HELP!!!!!!!!

I would prefer that someone tell me this is unlikely to occur or there is a fix to this. I bought this unit solely to update my performance, monitor various parameters via lcd screen and gauge-layouts and update my tire size. It was promoted as having that capability for a long time before my purchase and now has been over a year since I bought my trinity and still has not been fixed... after 3 times being told the problem is gone on this forum and to update my trinity. Please provide some insight. Sorry for the lengthy email, it is just frustrating

and here are the links to DS forum that I have been inquiring as well :eek:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...wtopic&t=27835

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...wtopic&t=25557

blackpepper 07-31-2011 09:04 PM

Re: Re-Calibrating tire size with Trinity/Diablosport/Predator

Sounds like their PR team is being silly. I'll try to mess with mine even though its an 07 and I'll get back to you!

JETLIFE 07-31-2011 09:10 PM

Call them and ask for Bass (like the fish) he helped me out with all my issues. He even went on my computer remotely while on the phone with me, he basically did everything for me! Haha so in my case their customer service was above and beyond good.

Hopefully you get it worked out. Do you have V.9r12 installed?

The guy I first spoke with there was rude and unhelpful though.

kevin06vino 08-01-2011 07:26 AM

I just updated my Predator to the .12 revision and I was able to update the tire size on my 05. I was surprised it worked, because people on the DS forum were having issues, but mine worked. I validated with my GPS.

Sent from my Droid

Chaoul1 08-01-2011 08:00 AM

I updated mine also and I still can't calibrate my Tires :(. I had so much trouble updating mine since I didn't have an A/C Adapter! LOL. I'm so dumb. ANd also MDS isn't completely disabled.....

JETLIFE 08-01-2011 09:33 AM

Lol just go up to the store and buy one 12volt 1amp

kevin06vino 08-01-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 457854)
I updated mine also and I still can't calibrate my Tires :(. I had so much trouble updating mine since I didn't have an A/C Adapter! LOL. I'm so dumb. ANd also MDS isn't completely disabled.....

Wierd, I wonder why mine works - I don't have the DCX number here at work, but I'm pretty sure it ended in AK. Is that the version you are on?

Not sure if it matters, but I have March 05 build date.

08Hemi 08-01-2011 10:59 PM

I GOT IT!!!! Finally after over a year...simple little incremental update :)

Thanks for the help guys...and glad you all got it taken care of too!!!

Chaoul1 08-02-2011 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .moneen. (Post 457892)
Lol just go up to the store and buy one 12volt 1amp

Yeah I went to Radioshack and bought a 12 Volt/1 AMP A/C Adapter.

I'll ask to speak the Bass next time I call. I spoke to Frank last time.

ChrisWk 10-22-2011 03:50 PM

How do you calibrate the tires is there a walk thru to do this, I got stock size 235-65-17 but got 275-45-20 on now. Do you do this after you put on the perf mod or before? New to this diablo predator thing, I got my predator today but waiting for the computer wires.

JeepCoop 10-22-2011 05:10 PM

When you upload the tune, it will ask you if you want to modify tune or install it after it writes a back-up file. Modify to yoir new size and it will program it in and then you can install the tune. :)