Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f200/)
-   -   2001 WJ Limited 10-Disc CD Changer Help (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f200/2001-wj-limited-10-disc-cd-changer-help-26488.html)

Amelie 08-01-2011 01:33 PM

2001 WJ Limited 10-Disc CD Changer Help

So ever since I've had the Jeep, It's had the 10 disc changer in the back. I've never been able to use it nor do I see any controls on the dash that would indicate using it.

1) How are you supposed to switch between CD's? I think it's weird that I have the Infinity system with a 10-CD changer and no way to control it up front lol

2) I think it could be broken, How much would it cost to have it fixed? or should I just get an in-dash CD deck mounted?

TJXJWJ 08-01-2011 01:47 PM

Re: 2001 WJ Limited 10-Disc CD Changer Help

Have you loaded the magazine with discs?
Can you attach a pic of your headunit?
Do you have buttons behind the steering wheel for volume and stations?

01grand 08-01-2011 01:53 PM

If you have the factory infinity gold system you should be able to hit the 'CD' button again to switch from front disc to the rear cassette. To go back and forth between discs you can push the radio preset 1 and 6 buttons (they should have little arrows on them, and that CD button should say cd-c on it as well for the cd 'cassette'). It needs to have at least one disc in it to be selected.

Amelie 08-01-2011 01:54 PM

1) Nope, Everytime I tried to press the eject button on it, it would never work.

2) If I can find my camera, I'll try to get a pic.

3) I haven't really checked behind the steering wheel but I want to say there isn't any.

Amelie 08-01-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01grand (Post 458069)
If you have the factory infinity gold system you should be able to hit the 'CD' button again to switch from front disc to the rear cassette. To go back and forth between discs you can push the radio preset 1 and 6 buttons (they should have little arrows on them, and that CD button should say cd-c on it as well for the cd 'cassette'). It needs to have at least one disc in it to be selected.

That's what's weird about it, Mine doesn't have any "CD" printed on it. This is the head unit that came with it when I got it unless the previous owner damaged the original. I don't know what is up lol.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2wowwb4.jpg

TJXJWJ 08-01-2011 02:01 PM

Well, I can't be certain being that mine is an 04, but I have to imagine if you have the Infinity system, you've got steering wheel controls. But who knows. That's easy enough for you to check next time you're going somewhere.

If it won't eject, then there either isn't a magazine in it, or it's shot, or there is an issue with the wiring. If you want the capability, you could probably find one on ebay pretty cheap. Or you could focus your efforts on getting an Ipod kit that would use the input from the CD changer to play music off your Ipod.

Amelie 08-01-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 458080)
Well, I can't be certain being that mine is an 04, but I have to imagine if you have the Infinity system, you've got steering wheel controls. But who knows. That's easy enough for you to check next time you're going somewhere.

If it won't eject, then there either isn't a magazine in it, or it's shot, or there is an issue with the wiring. If you want the capability, you could probably find one on ebay pretty cheap. Or you could focus your efforts on getting an Ipod kit that would use the input from the CD changer to play music off your Ipod.

I certainly will check, It's not that big of a deal to me but it is a shame I can't use something that came with it from the factory. I always contemplated getting just a new CD Deck/Header from like Best Buy with an Aux port for an iPod or MP3 player, So I'll probably go that route.

01grand 08-01-2011 02:29 PM

Strange, my 01 has a 1 cd slot up front along with the 10 disc in back. That looks very little like the head unit in my Jeep. Even the laredo had a cd player up front. For an 01 I would have to say that is not the original unit.

TJXJWJ 08-01-2011 02:29 PM

Well if you want to keep it as inexpensive as possible, I have a headunit that should work for ya

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/...511intpass.jpg

Amelie 08-01-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01grand (Post 458094)
Strange, my 01 has a 1 cd slot up front along with the 10 disc in back. That looks very little like the head unit in my Jeep. Even the laredo had a cd player up front. For an 01 I would have to say that is not the original unit.

I know, right lol. I've always kind of had a hunch it wasn't original lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 458096)
Well if you want to keep it as inexpensive as possible, I have a headunit that should work for ya

You have an extra just laying around lol? What year Jeep is it from?

TJXJWJ 08-01-2011 02:37 PM

Yes I do! I just pulled it out of my 04 about a month or so ago to install one with NAV. If you're interested, let me know via PM...I'm sure we can work something out.

Sir Sam 08-01-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 458101)
Yes I do! I just pulled it out of my 04 about a month or so ago to install one with NAV. If you're interested, let me know via PM...I'm sure we can work something out.

To install a 2004 HU in a 2001 you will need an adapter kit, which costs enough that generally its just easier to goto wal mart and get a cheapo HU.