Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Where to complain to Jeep regarding Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/where-to-complain-to-jeep-regarding-service-26490.html)

Redcivic47 08-01-2011 02:03 PM

Where to complain to Jeep regarding Service
 
Does anyone have information as to letting Chrysler/Jeep know about poor service at a dealer in Mercer County, New Jersey? I was waiting for Jeep to call me and ask how I was doing after I've had other service done. I'm pissed enough now to be proactive and let them know about how I was treated. I rather email Jeep rather than call because I don't want to start yelling and sound unprofessional.

Jeremy1983 08-01-2011 02:08 PM

Re: Where to complain to Jeep regarding Service
 
I don't have answer to your question, but do you care to elaborate on the cause of your discontent?

Redcivic47 08-01-2011 02:34 PM

Re: Where to complain to Jeep regarding Service
 
May seem petty but this is what happened... I brought my GC to Dick Greenfield Jeep Dodge Chrysler in Lawrence/Trenton, NJ for an oil change. I went there twice since they charge you about 30 bucks, which I think it is a deal for the Hemi engine. When getting written up, to not wash my truck, as is their way to give a free car wash with service. That is nice and all, but I don't like to put my vehicles through automated car washes.

So I wait about an hour for the vehicle to be ready and after I pay, I walk outside to see my Jeep wet. There were scratches on the 20inch painted wheels. I asked to speak to the service manager regarding my request, and the damage I found on my vehicle.

Without an apology, we walked outside and looked at two of my wheels. The girl who wrote me up said there's no way a brush could have scratched my wheels. I informed them I took two days washing/polishing/waxing my vehicle and maybe 50k isn't a lot of money to them but it is to me, and I notice every scratch on the vehicle (there wasn't any).

The assistant or perhaps the service manager said it's a hand wash and invited me to see their set up. After confronting him about the girl saying brushes are used AND that none of this would have even happened if they followed my instructions like they should have, I walked back to the bay area.

Here I see employees rushing around the vehicles coming in and out, using stiff bristled brushes that I wouldn't use on a garbage truck, and a power washer. Each vehicle is "cleaned" in about 3 minutes. Furthermore, there's no care to make sure that the cars aren't scratched.

The whole while, there was no apology, no thank you for bringing your vehicle here, just that I was annoying them. I knew I should have stayed away from a place that has 24/7 service because they have poor help working off hours, but I thought I'd be safe coming during the day.

Needless to say I'll never give them my business again, but I'd like to let Jeep know that this dealership does not know how to treat their customers. I wasn't looking for money off or a coupon, I really would have been satisfied with I'm sorry that's our mistake, it won't happen again...

Eurosport 08-01-2011 04:11 PM

Re: Where to complain to Jeep regarding Service
 
what i use on all my cars is a printed paper with large font saying: "NO CARWASH PLEASE, thank you"

i place it in the dash by the odometer. works everytime
i learned my lesson many years ago when i realized even though requested like you with the service advisor, and specifically written on the service order, they STILL did the carwarsh. maybe because no communication, or person picking it up wouldn't even pay attention to service order, just so into their routine that anything unusual they get a mental block lol. but placing it on the dash it's first place they look at when they start the vehicle so they can't miss it.

walterhudson 08-01-2011 05:25 PM

Re: Where to complain to Jeep regarding Service
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcivic47 (Post 458099)
May seem petty but this is what happened... I brought my GC to Dick Greenfield Jeep Dodge Chrysler in Lawrence/Trenton, NJ for an oil change. I went there twice since they charge you about 30 bucks, which I think it is a deal for the Hemi engine. When getting written up, to not wash my truck, as is their way to give a free car wash with service. That is nice and all, but I don't like to put my vehicles through automated car washes.

So I wait about an hour for the vehicle to be ready and after I pay, I walk outside to see my Jeep wet. There were scratches on the 20inch painted wheels. I asked to speak to the service manager regarding my request, and the damage I found on my vehicle.

Without an apology, we walked outside and looked at two of my wheels. The girl who wrote me up said there's no way a brush could have scratched my wheels. I informed them I took two days washing/polishing/waxing my vehicle and maybe 50k isn't a lot of money to them but it is to me, and I notice every scratch on the vehicle (there wasn't any).

The assistant or perhaps the service manager said it's a hand wash and invited me to see their set up. After confronting him about the girl saying brushes are used AND that none of this would have even happened if they followed my instructions like they should have, I walked back to the bay area.

Here I see employees rushing around the vehicles coming in and out, using stiff bristled brushes that I wouldn't use on a garbage truck, and a power washer. Each vehicle is "cleaned" in about 3 minutes. Furthermore, there's no care to make sure that the cars aren't scratched.

The whole while, there was no apology, no thank you for bringing your vehicle here, just that I was annoying them. I knew I should have stayed away from a place that has 24/7 service because they have poor help working off hours, but I thought I'd be safe coming during the day.

Needless to say I'll never give them my business again, but I'd like to let Jeep know that this dealership does not know how to treat their customers. I wasn't looking for money off or a coupon, I really would have been satisfied with I'm sorry that's our mistake, it won't happen again...


It's only a vehicle. As an old wiseman once told me, "Never cry over anything that can't cry over you".

Eurosport 08-01-2011 05:44 PM

Re: Where to complain to Jeep regarding Service
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by walterhudson (Post 458218)
It's only a vehicle. As an old wiseman once told me, "Never cry over anything that can't cry over you".

that's bs, only a vehicle????? then we wouldn't be on these forums
"only a vehicle" is not for car enthusiasts

jgc4ever 08-01-2011 05:48 PM

Re: Where to complain to Jeep regarding Service
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by walterhudson (Post 458218)
It's only a vehicle. As an old wiseman once told me, "Never cry over anything that can't cry over you".

Ha! It's not a Honda Accord, and even if it was I wouldn't want the dealer or anyone putting scratches in it either. Amazing they work with thousands of cars and can't even wash it without scratching it up.

Redcivic47 08-01-2011 09:57 PM

Re: Where to complain to Jeep regarding Service
 
Its not the point of crying over things, its the respect one should have for another's property. In this case, and others such as throwing your door open in a parking lot, or bumping mirrors when walking through an isle of parked cars.

Medichic 08-01-2011 10:00 PM

Re: Where to complain to Jeep regarding Service
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcivic47 (Post 458434)
Its not the point of crying over things, its the respect one should have for another's property. In this case, and others such as throwing your door open in a parking lot, or bumping mirrors when walking through an isle of parked cars.

Well Said!

AquaForester 08-02-2011 01:36 PM

Re: Where to complain to Jeep regarding Service
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcivic47 (Post 458434)
Its not the point of crying over things, its the respect one should have for another's property. In this case, and others such as throwing your door open in a parking lot, or bumping mirrors when walking through an isle of parked cars.

Totally agree.

Unfortunately the Jeeps have progressed but most of the service hasn't. I always crinch when I bring my Jeep in and that they'll going to sandwich it between to crappy cars after I spend time parking far away in parking lots. When I recently brought my WK2 in for an oil change and the radio update (which of course they knew nothing about) I noticed two fine scratches on the hood and it looked like they parked it under some branches. But I couldn't be certain so I didn't start anything.

mhassler 08-02-2011 03:47 PM

Re: Where to complain to Jeep regarding Service
 
I too ask for NO car washes and they can't understand why. Our dealership offers free car washes at any time. Just drive up, show them you bought the car there and away it goes. My dad takes his company truck there (GMC) and it is all scratched up. Its four guys with pressure washers and AJAX trying to scrub your car as quickly as possible.

FWIW, When I had my Range Rover I rec'd it back after a service and it was dirty. I asked why it wasn't washed. The answer, someone with a Jaguar rec'd light scratches on thier car during the hand wash and it was a hand wash and full interior clean at the LR/Jag dealership. The dealership paid for a new paint job. I'm sure that was the most expensive oil change that dealership ever performed.

I would suggest writing a letter, not an e-mail, to Pietro Gorlier at Chrysler Group, LLC expressing your disgust. Be positive, write in a nice tone and don't bash the dealership just explain how you feel mistreated and add compliments or perks such as the dealership is convienently located or they were great with the sale but the service is lacking and now you feel you have to go somewhere else. I'd send a copy to the GM of the dealership as well and indicate in his letter that you sent the enclosed letter to Pietro Gorlier, President and Chief Executive Officer - MOPAR Brand Service, Parts and Customer Care at Chrysler Group, LLC a few days prior to writing him.

Chrysler may have come a long way in thier cars but they have a LONG way to go with thier sales and service, IMHO. The experience we receive at our MBenz dealership is much more amazing. I know I pay more at MBenz an the car was more expensive but a $40-50k Jeep, which is more than a C-Class or GLK, should yield that same level of satisfaction. I honestly dread going to Chrysler/Jeep. I keep looking around for a better dealership and have yet to find one. I am actually taking my Jeep next Friday to my MBenz dealership for the 8000mile service, err, I mean oil change & tire rotation. The Jeep dealership, 4-miles away, provides FREE oil changes for the life of the vehicle and yet I am willing to pay $50 at MBenz which is 30-miles away - that's how much I distrust them.

FWIW, I sent letters to Hasbro for mistakes and goofs on the 2010 version of "The Game of Life". The sent me a brand new "The Game of Life" in the mail. I sent BFG a letter about an availability issue just a few weeks ago (looking for the Rugged Terrains in a 275/60r20) and they just called me and left a message, I've yet to call them back. KFC, Quiznos & Dunkin Donuts have all sent me corporate coupons as well. It works.


Quote:

Originally Posted by walterhudson (Post 458218)
It's only a vehicle. As an old wiseman once told me, "Never cry over anything that can't cry over you".

I disagree. While I understand, on some level, that an automobile is merely a "hunk of metal to go from A to B" I would argue that a ones automobile is an extnesion of themself. And I know I get upset if I bang my knee on the desk or my head on the microwave door - yes it happens :/

It seems that this old wiseman must not have had kids or pets. Young children lack the ability to cry over a parent as they don't develop empathy until the age of 5 or 6 - some even later. And I have never seen a dog cry. Hmmm, maybe that is why he is the old wiseman - he never got married :) I kid, I kid...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcivic47 (Post 458434)
Its not the point of crying over things, its the respect one should have for another's property. In this case, and others such as throwing your door open in a parking lot, or bumping mirrors when walking through an isle of parked cars.

Agreed. I have pride in my possessions, especially when I work damn hard for them.

jgc4ever 08-02-2011 04:20 PM

Re: Where to complain to Jeep regarding Service
 
Forget the above advice. If you are very upset, you need to go in there and firmly tell them you want your rims repainted and clearcoated or replaced with new ones.

Just complaining, in any form won't accomplish anything. You have to tell them what they need to do for you. They damaged your very expensive property.

This should have been done immediately.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community