Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   So how many are cancelling for real? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/so-how-many-are-cancelling-for-real-26505.html)

QuickOne 08-01-2011 06:25 PM

So how many are cancelling for real?

Since it's official...How many with orders in at a dealer are not going through with the order?

SRTDogg 08-01-2011 06:29 PM

Re: So how many are cancelling for real?

Even if my wife approves (I can get EP pricing) I'm 99% certain I won't get it. It is just a rip off and I don't think I would feel good paying this much for it (and I'm paying cash + trade for the full amount). At least with MB or BMW I know I'm getting ripped off and can plan accordingly. Here, there's no choice and no optional KY jelly. It just still doesn't add up to me. I make $200K a year and this is still a shitty deal no matter how you slice it. Sorry...

ONEbadHEEPtruck 08-01-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRTDogg (Post 458254)
Even if my wife approves (I can get EP pricing) I'm 99% certain I won't get it. It is just a rip off and I don't think I would feel good paying this much for it (and I'm paying cash + trade for the full amount). At least with MB or BMW I know I'm getting ripped off and can plan accordingly. Here, there's no choice and no optional KY jelly. It just still doesn't add up to me. I make $200K a year and this is still a shitty deal no matter how you slice it. Sorry...

No matter how much you make a year, no matter how much money you could have, no matter how much someone would want this truck... It is not worth the whole 55k and will probably be 60k+ at the dealership. I rather drive an m3 for the price...

Regular m3 starting price is 3k more than the jeep and is faster, but also alot less rare. :(

Someone better buy a jeep srt8 by me or i will be mad.

Scottina06 08-01-2011 10:02 PM

Im still on the fence cause I dont know if my dealer in podunk, KY will get one.....LOL

hound 08-01-2011 11:13 PM

It's a hard pill to swallow. I was so excited for the new SRT but I really don't like the wheels and wish the styling was a little more edgy and not so bubbly.

I was thinking this morning, would other enthusiasts go for this kind of stunt? Would the die hard Corvette fans buy a new model if it had a little nicer interior but was not any faster, and possibly slower, than the previous generation? Would they gladly pay $10K more for it????

I really think that if the wheels were better and it had at least the 525Hp everyone expected it was going to have, it would seem like more of a value. The original SRT was such a steal because it was faster than the competition at half the price. The new is not as fast as the competition, has a nicer interior but still not like Porsche and BMW, and is $10K more. I just don't get it.

mlarco52 08-01-2011 11:37 PM

The interior is a huge step up from the Wk1, granted that doesn't mean the 10k price increase, however, I still think its the best bang for the buck you can get, no other performance SUV at this price will touch it. The BMW X5/X6 interior is nothing to write home about, been there done that and its not that great, the porsche interior is a bit better than than BMW interior. However, for 120k+ you get a fast performing SUV from porsche, where as for half that you get the Jeep SRT that is nearly just as fast (granted a bit slower but the 60k+ in savings can change that as after market parts at unlocked).

rusty104 08-02-2011 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlarco52 (Post 458494)
The interior is a huge step up from the Wk1, granted that doesn't mean the 10k price increase, however, I still think its the best bang for the buck you can get, no other performance SUV at this price will touch it. The BMW X5/X6 interior is nothing to write home about, been there done that and its not that great, the porsche interior is a bit better than than BMW interior. However, for 120k+ you get a fast performing SUV from porsche, where as for half that you get the Jeep SRT that is nearly just as fast (granted a bit slower but the 60k+ in savings can change that as after market parts at unlocked).

My conclusion also. I am further limited as this is going to be a business car for me so I need a 6000lb+GVW vehicle to write it all off this year per my CPA. So anything other than a SUV won't work for me and the SRT is by far the best value in the marketplace for what it is.

DaBigBone 08-02-2011 06:39 AM

Wait a couple months and get a used one with 3-4k miles on it.

Red G8R 08-02-2011 09:52 AM

I can't believe some are comparing the SRT8 to an M3, S4....totally different vehicles. The SRT8 might be great but it's not a sport sedan and will never handle like one just by virtue of it's gross weight and high center of gravity.

ONEbadHEEPtruck 08-02-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red G8R (Post 458614)
I can't believe some are comparing the SRT8 to an M3, S4....totally different vehicles. The SRT8 might be great but it's not a sport sedan and will never handle like one just by virtue of it's gross weight and high center of gravity.

I wasnt trying to compare the two vehicles because they are in two different classes... I probably shouldve compared it to another SUV but you guys got the idea that the both vehicles are around the same price and which one is a better for the overall price.

lll2for3lll 08-02-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ONEbadHEEPtruck (Post 458617)
I wasnt trying to compare the two vehicles because they are in two different classes... I probably shouldve compared it to another SUV but you guys got the idea that the both vehicles are around the same price and which one is a better for the overall price.

+1

SRTDogg 08-02-2011 10:15 AM

I am. That's exactly what I'm doing.

Jeep SRT8
MB C63 AMG
Audi S5
BMW M3
etc...

It is what it is. Not everybody "needs to have" a Jeep/SUV. We like it for the performance aspects it offers. Sure it's nice to have extra room but I already have a 4Runner for my SUV, so I don't really "need" another SUV, it just seems like a sweet ride and that is why I planned to get one (until now)...