Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   "press the uconnect phone button to answer." (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/press-the-uconnect-phone-button-to-answer-26515.html)

dsmith14 08-01-2011 07:58 PM

"press the uconnect phone button to answer."

I missed two calls this week because it took so long to answer. "John Smith is calling, press the uconnect phone button to answer." Is there any way to bypass this prompt or perhaps disable it?

Troy Cruise 08-01-2011 08:21 PM

Re: "press the uconnect phone button to answer."

I just press "accept" on the screen and it works every time.

Bail8gent 08-01-2011 09:41 PM

I press the Accept Button also and never have any issues!:D

Technosavant 08-02-2011 11:35 AM

I don't wait for it to tell me who is calling. Once the screen changes you can hit the uConnect phone button to answer without waiting for a voice prompt.

HEMInator 08-02-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 458655)
I don't wait for it to tell me who is calling. Once the screen changes you can hit the uConnect phone button to answer without waiting for a voice prompt.

X2 not sure why you would wait. Just accept the call.

jwojcins 08-02-2011 12:37 PM

Try pressing the phone button on the steering wheel to accept calls (and hang them up) it works much faster than hitting the 'accept' soft key on the screen. Mine takes forever too...pretty annoying

carlosmp 08-03-2011 12:45 AM

I have had the same issue recently. First few months I could accept a call in the middle of the announcement, but recently neither the steering wheel button nor the accept screen button answer the call until the promp has finished.
It is quite frustrating!

I called jeep and they transferred (can't remember the name, sorry) me to the makers of uconnect and what they said is they can only help with pairing your phone, any other questions or issues have to go through the dealer.

dsmith14 08-03-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosmp (Post 459134)
I have had the same issue recently. First few months I could accept a call in the middle of the announcement, but recently neither the steering wheel button nor the accept screen button answer the call until the promp has finished.
It is quite frustrating!

I called jeep and they transferred (can't remember the name, sorry) me to the makers of uconnect and what they said is they can only help with pairing your phone, any other questions or issues have to go through the dealer.

Exactly. I press the accept button as soon as I see the call coming through, but I have to wait before the prompt finishes before the call is answered. If I am in an area with bad cell service, the additional waiting time can cause me to miss the call completely.

olamaca 08-04-2011 08:32 AM

The issue isn't your uconnect, it's your phone or sometimes just bad luck. Oftentimes, the caller might hear 4-5 rings before your phone even rings once due to poor connection (not enough bars). Ergo, they might either hang up or go directly to your voicemail before you get to it. This isn't a bluetooth or uconnect problem because it happens even with land lines or your mobile phone sitting at a coffee shop.

dsmith14 08-04-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olamaca (Post 459755)
The issue isn't your uconnect, it's your phone or sometimes just bad luck. Oftentimes, the caller might hear 4-5 rings before your phone even rings once due to poor connection (not enough bars). Ergo, they might either hang up or go directly to your voicemail before you get to it. This isn't a bluetooth or uconnect problem because it happens even with land lines or your mobile phone sitting at a coffee shop.

I agree that part of the issue is with my phone (old 3g waiting for the iphone 5). However, I would still like for the call to be answered when I press the accept or uconnect phone button. The way the system operates now would be like pressing "answer call" on your cell and then having it ring 2 more times before the call is connected. I still love the 430n though.

dobiegillis 08-04-2011 07:27 PM

Stupidest prompt ever

Milous 08-04-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobiegillis (Post 460063)
Stupidest prompt ever

Like so many software programs out there, it's too bad that the MORONS who write the code never actually use the programs out in the real world.