Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Any interest in Pentastar/Hemi Throttle Bodies? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/any-interest-in-pentastar-hemi-throttle-bodies-26538.html)

FlyinRyan 08-02-2011 11:32 AM

Any interest in Pentastar/Hemi Throttle Bodies?

I think the Hemi Tbs are the same as the WK, but what about the Pentastar, any interest?

Pericles 08-08-2011 08:15 PM

Re: Any interest in Pentastar/Hemi Throttle Bodies?

If they can increase performance.. WHy not?

ants818 08-15-2011 11:50 AM

What are the performance gains?

Terminator2 08-15-2011 01:23 PM

I home ported my throttle body and intake manifold and it definitely helped part throttle response. WOT feels about the same as stock but the stock tune is so conservative as far as timing and A/F. I did not expect any significant WOT performance gains until tuning support is released.

moosehead 08-15-2011 01:55 PM

FR, I am interested for the Hemi, but in the interim am waiting for the tuners for off the line improvements due to the ETC lag. Your comments here would be welcome. Please and thank you.

FlyinRyan 08-16-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ants818 (Post 466191)
What are the performance gains?

Typically we see stronger part throttle and WOT throttle response/acceleration, reduced throttle lag (very welcome for the Hemi folks), and I have had several cases of increased gas mileage up to 1.5 mpg over stock. I taper the inlet and backside to the stock blade, maintaining velocity while still improving flow. We have had VERY positive feedback from the WK1 Hemi crowd. I did sell a TB in the early days to a '10 WK1 owner with the upgraded 5.7 and he was very pleased.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 466292)
FR, I am interested for the Hemi, but in the interim am waiting for the tuners for off the line improvements due to the ETC lag. Your comments here would be welcome. Please and thank you.

A few people have told me they have reduced throttle lag with the TB. One guy even told me he had to go on his tuner and turn down the sensitivity because it was too much. Will it resolve your problem? No, but may alleviate it some.

2011hemigc4me 08-27-2011 04:42 AM

What's the cost? Do you guys offer core swaps? I might be interested.

FlyinRyan 08-31-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011hemigc4me (Post 473867)
What's the cost? Do you guys offer core swaps? I might be interested.

There are no "guys", just me. I'm a one man army. :)

Assuming the cores for the Hemi are the same as the earlier models....225 shipped, with a 80 dollar core rebate. I had to up the price some because these throttle bodies seem to be going up in price.

FlyinRyan 09-11-2011 06:29 AM

Can someone verify the part numbers on the throttle bodies? That is pretty much the only thing keeping me from marketing these. Most of the parts sites only go up to 2010 so I cant look it up myself.

FlyinRyan 12-20-2011 12:14 AM

Finally got some results for a pentastar TB. I ported one to 78.5 inlet/78mm backside (i have since found out that the intake manifold is 80mm). The test vehicle was a stock Chrysler 200. Early impressions show improved throttle response and reduced ETC lag. Results would be better with am aftermarket intake.

wjs81866 12-20-2011 06:46 PM

my hemi TB needs a good porting, a good porting would make her Happy!

FlyinRyan 01-04-2012 11:28 AM

If anyone is interested in a 3.6 TB, i have my test core coming back to me that i need to sell ASAP...