Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   Suspension/Tire/Spacer plan - need help!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/suspension-tire-spacer-plan-need-help-26645.html)

Gymkata 08-04-2011 03:50 PM

Suspension/Tire/Spacer plan - need help!!!

I have had my 2008 WK Overland 4x4 for almost a week now, and it is time for some upgrades. As soon as I receive feedback from you all, I plan on purchasing a new suspension and tires. Below is my current plan unless you all advise otherwise:

- OME MD suspension
- 265/60R18 Toyo A/Ts (30.6x10.7) to go on stock 18" Overland wheels
- wheel spacers if this above setup rubs in any way
- supersliders from rocky-road.com
- 4xGuard front skid plate

My questions are:
- If I am not running a winch bumper, the OME MD suspension would be the correct choice correct...not the HD?
- Do the Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers make the tires stick out past the fenders? If so, what other manufacturers offer wheel spacers for the WK smaller than 1.5"?
- Will 265/60R18s look too small with the OME suspension? Would you recommend going with 265/65R18s (31.7x10.7 for Toyo A/T)? I don't want to be down on power due to improper gearing for the tire height...and before you remind me that I have a Hemi, I must add that the Hemi is already not powerful enough for me with the stock tire height. Thanks in advance everyone!!!
- Oh yeah and finally, has anybody here ever sprayed their chrome stock wheel to black chrome? I think I remember seeing this on some car show a while ago...I would love to do this as I don't like chrome. I would love to do this for the wheels and all chrome body pieces.

Gymkata 08-05-2011 06:26 AM

Re: Suspension/Tire/Spacer plan - need help!!!

Oh, one last question...would any of you recommend using the OME front trim packer kit with the OME suspension? Is it necessary?

Mr. Boh 08-05-2011 10:57 AM

So here are some answers/thoughts in order you asked:

1) MD is fine, but if you are adding armor/roof rack/full size spare/etc., then go with HD. Most of the guys that get MD wish they had gotten the HD to start with. You can always mix and match MD and HD springs as necessary. Also, why RR sliders over the 4XGuard sliders?
2) Yes, 1.5" will stick out passed the fenders. I believe any JK spacers will work but I am not sure if the JK spacers have the same hubs as the WK so they may not be hubcentric for your WK.
3) Yes, you are going to want to get something close to 32" as they will fill the wheelwells better. You are going to be down on power regardless when you lift and add armor due to added weight and air drag.
4) Can't help you with the black chrome wheels
5) You won't need the kit, the OME springs regardless of MD or HD are labeled A and B and have different spring rates. One goes on the driver's side to compensate for the driver's and fuel weight.

Gymkata 08-05-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Boh (Post 460393)
So here are some answers/thoughts in order you asked:

1) MD is fine, but if you are adding armor/roof rack/full size spare/etc., then go with HD. Most of the guys that get MD wish they had gotten the HD to start with. You can always mix and match MD and HD springs as necessary. Also, why RR sliders over the 4XGuard sliders?
2) Yes, 1.5" will stick out passed the fenders. I believe any JK spacers will work but I am not sure if the JK spacers have the same hubs as the WK so they may not be hubcentric for your WK.
3) Yes, you are going to want to get something close to 32" as they will fill the wheelwells better. You are going to be down on power regardless when you lift and add armor due to added weight and air drag.
4) Can't help you with the black chrome wheels
5) You won't need the kit, the OME springs regardless of MD or HD are labeled A and B and have different spring rates. One goes on the driver's side to compensate for the driver's and fuel weight.

Thank you very much for your comprehensive response!!!