Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   DiabloSport Predator - Tweaking Suggestions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/diablosport-predator-tweaking-suggestions-26650.html)

jlewissystem 08-04-2011 04:40 PM

DiabloSport Predator - Tweaking Suggestions

Holas Homies!
Parker0395 was nice enough to part with his Predator - thanks again Parker! I appreciate the price and shipping! You da man :thumbsup:

I have an 06 5.7, running 89 and typically drive on the street - even though I love going off. My jeep isn't a street jeep, so I have it geared as off-road and looking for more "feel and corrected" drive style rather than "fast or speed" performance. Guess I just like a good V8 and want it to take me everywhere :D

Anywho, a few of the guys have already given me a few suggestions, but i wanted to get some other feedback and discuss this bad@ss toy. I've also been on the DiablosSport forums, but i value these opinions more :cool:

First off - i've loaded the 87 tune and:
  • Raised rev limiters
  • Adjusted tire size
  • Disabled MDS
  • Adjust TPMS lievels
  • Adjusted boost to +15%
  • I already see a difference - not huge, but it seems like it woke up my sleeping HEMI. Couple of Q's:
  • What's the best canned tune?
  • I'm running 89 and see there's a 91 tune - any bad juju from using the 91 with 89? ( I know - i'm being a cheappo :) )
  • I also wanted to adjust for fan settings, but dont see any - am i missing something?
  • Any other good tweaks or adjustments that you guys recommend?

Also - I've seen this post, which Coop recommends. I have not adjusted for this yet - http://www.jeepgarage.org/showthread...light=predator
Again, going for good/firm overall performance - i dont run the tracks :)

Thanks guys! Looking forward to learning more about this "tool" :lol:

2011GC 08-04-2011 04:53 PM

Re: DiabloSport Predator - Tweaking Suggestions

Hi Jl,

Ok...my 2cents: If you run 91 octane tune, run 93 octane gas with it. 93 octane tune requires better than 93....Best performance comes with 91 tune / 93 gas....or, contact Johan at D/S for a custom tune. He IS the man.
Raised Rev limiters - cool... : ) Don't go over 6000 rpm with factory push rods/springs, may last for a while but, the outcome won't be pretty....
Firm up the shifts, reset TCM adaptation under transmission in the quick adjust menu..(with auto trans...don't know if you have one?)
If you have a 180 T-stat, you will need to adjust fan settings, should be in the menu as well...
Note: my experience comes from a 2010 Challanger R/T 5.7 auto....lots of fun... : )

Chaoul1 08-04-2011 08:48 PM

If your running any type of tune like let's say 93, RUN ONLY 93 because if you run something lower then it can build up left of fuel that hasn't been burned and ruin your engine.

The High the Octane the higher the Octane Temp. has to burn off.

White Chocolate 08-04-2011 09:46 PM

I run the 93 tune with Husky 94 ethanol premium.

I absolutely love my new tune!! :) Im gunna try the 91 sometime also

2011GC 08-05-2011 08:15 PM

Did a bunch of data logging with the predator on my Challenger. Found out that I had up to 10 degrees of ST KR and 3 or 4 degrees of LT KR with 93 oct tune and 93 oct gas. (not good, this is pulling power from the engine) Found a station that had 100 oct sunoco unleaded... : ) Ran same 93 oct tune with 50/50 mix of 93 and 100 oct...NO ST or LT KR at all. Thus, 91 tune with 93 oct gas should be about right. Most of us have had the best results with this setup. Note: knock is very, very bad for the hemi. The top ring is about a tenth of an inch (.1") from the top of the piston...too much knock and, it will cost you thousands to fix it....not worth the trouble IMO....Let me know if you have questions, will be glad to help if I can....

JeepCoop 08-11-2011 04:11 PM

I've got a 180 tstat, what do I need to adjust for the fan?

How's the tune runnin for ya now jlew??

jlewissystem 08-11-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoopCooper (Post 464201)
I've got a 180 tstat, what do I need to adjust for the fan?

How's the tune runnin for ya now jlew??

BUDDY! How did I NOT have this before!? It woke up my HEMI! :) LOVE IT I actually inquired about the TStat on the Diablosport forum, since I didnt see the fan options. The OP told me that they will only show up if there is an electronic fan. Looks like I/we have a hydraulic fan.....how about that.

JeepCoop 08-11-2011 04:42 PM

Craziness!! Glad you're loving that tune. It's sic huh?!?! I inquired w Johan about a CMR. Well see... :D

jlewissystem 08-11-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoopCooper (Post 464216)
Craziness!! Glad you're loving that tune. It's sic huh?!?! I inquired w Johan about a CMR. Well see... :D

Let me know how that goes - not sure on the process of that. Is that something you pay for or just email some data logs? Also - I'm running the 87 tune so far with MDS off.....got a little jump in the MPG. Initially, 15 HWY and UP to 13 cty :P I was rocking 12 for everything.

JeepCoop 08-11-2011 04:53 PM

87?! Haha I'm runnin the 91 w MDS on...for now and I dunno why! Lol. I'm gettin 16 street and 18/20 hwy

As far as the CMR it's a data log and sending back and for. Here's what Johan wrote me when I first inquired about it a while ago...

"I do all the tunes on a donation basis via paypal. Average donations range from 100-700, so take a pick, tune quality will not be affected. My paypal address is: diablotoona@gmail.com We do revisions until the logs look good. Tune turn around is usually 24hrs. Attached is a doc that will explain how to transfer tune files as well as data log procedures. I would need your tune file and complete mods list to get started then you log the edited file once you get it back."

I'll let you know, but I'm gonna do it ASAP! After I order my 4xguard front skid ;)

jlewissystem 08-11-2011 05:22 PM

Oh sweet man! Let me know - are you running 91 with your 91 tune? I'm being a b1tch about using premium :)

blackpepper 08-11-2011 05:24 PM

Nice.. its good to finally hear a rundown on johans tunes. It's always been a mystery lol. His tunes will trump any adjustment you or I can make ourselves. Gonna be sick.