Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Seat rail noise, anyone? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/seat-rail-noise-anyone-26660.html)

bigpanda 08-04-2011 08:05 PM

Seat rail noise, anyone?

My friend has same WK2 and he's having a problem of hearing some sort of rattle noise from the seat rail/track area. Dealer couldn't figure out how to fix it and they just greased it up but still making noise.

Does any of youguys have similar problem from seat rail? Thanks!

hammer1234 08-05-2011 08:16 AM

Re: Seat rail noise, anyone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpanda (Post 460081)
My friend has same WK2 and he's having a problem of hearing some sort of rattle noise from the seat rail/track area. Dealer couldn't figure out how to fix it and they just greased it up but still making noise.

Does any of youguys have similar problem from seat rail? Thanks!

Fortunately we have not...

I hate creak/rattle issues, no matter the vehicle, because they can be hard to duplicate and even harder to remedy.

JETLIFE 08-05-2011 08:37 AM

My 2005 has done it since new. Looks like they didn't fix it with the WK2. It bothered me so much that I turned off easy entry! Lol

suprand 08-05-2011 02:43 PM

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_2301511.pdf

bigpanda 08-05-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suprand (Post 460536)

Thank you. :)

tks2010 08-22-2011 03:36 PM

I took mine in for a seat rattle. They replaced the bushings on the passenger side in accordance with the TSB. The TSB talks about a squeek so I was skeptical. Sure enough, it did not solve the problem and I will be bringing my 2011 Overland back in for the third time. I notice that while I'm driving, if I use my right arm and put pressure on the passenger seatback (pressure it in the direction of the back seat), the rattle stops. Anyone else have this problem?

MoxX 08-23-2011 01:35 AM

For me,I had an annoying experience last week while driving on the highway, the front passenger seat seemed to rattle alot when driving over 90 MPH, when i slowed down a bit the rattle stopped, but once i picked up speed again it came back, though that was the first and only time i heard it, but i usually do city driving, if this is gonna happen every time i go on the highway, that would really piss me off.

Do you think the above tsb would solve this issue???

tks2010 08-23-2011 07:28 AM

The TSB talked about the seat cushion being lose and moving from side to side. I didn't think mine was but they fixed it anyhow. I think it is a way for dealers to make money from Chrysler. The TSB doesn't talk about a rattling sound. Check to see if your seat is losse per the TSB. If not, see if the rattle stops when you put pressure on the seat back as I described. I'll keep you posted when I get around to taking it back to the dealer.

jeepster23 08-23-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoxX (Post 471050)
For me,I had an annoying experience last week while driving on the highway, the front passenger seat seemed to rattle alot when driving over 90 MPH, when i slowed down a bit the rattle stopped, but once i picked up speed again it came back, though that was the first and only time i heard it, but i usually do city driving, if this is gonna happen every time i go on the highway, that would really piss me off.

Do you think the above tsb would solve this issue???

I dont know about a TSB solving it but if you just drove at a reasonable speed instead of 90 mph in a 5000lb suv that is putting others lives at risk it may stop.

tks2010 08-23-2011 09:55 AM

Ok jeepster. I'm not the one driving 90. Any good advice for my problem wise guy?

MoxX 08-24-2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepster23 (Post 471105)
I dont know about a TSB solving it but if you just drove at a reasonable speed instead of 90 mph in a 5000lb suv that is putting others lives at risk it may stop.

well my friend you do not have to be concerned, the speed limit on the street i was driving on is up to 160 km (100 mph), so i am pretty sure all the great minds who had engineered the road and set the speed limit did leave some margin for safety above the 100 mph, there are streets were there are no speed limits (the autobahn) and i am sure this does not pose any danger to the public, otherwise it would have been shut down many years ago...

so back to the subject please...