Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   I Want to be reimbursed for my Nav (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/i-want-to-be-reimbursed-for-my-nav-26663.html)

BigSteel77 08-04-2011 08:33 PM

I Want to be reimbursed for my Nav

Since I've got my 2011 wk2 limited in janurary my Nav 730n RER has not worked properly. When using my RER I'm unable to enter full addresses. I'm not able to enter a full house number after entering the street. My house # is 162-31 and on able to enter 1623, the rest is greyed out. I've been in contact w/ my service manager and chrysler. End result , this problem I have only effects locations in NY and Altlanta. They said there won't be a fix, and the only solution would be to install the 430n with an external Mic. I paid 800 $ for this option and chrysler is not returning my phone calls and they closed out my case. I end up using my iPhone to find cross streets and then I enter them on my NAV. Chrysler is aware of this problem and said there won't be a fix for this and I don't want them to re-wire my car an put and external mic. Can't fix it , I want my 800 bucks

jcnaranjo 08-04-2011 08:40 PM

Have you tried updating your nav database? I think your nav is Navteq. Maybe the dealer will pay for it...

HEMInator 08-04-2011 08:42 PM

Re: I Want to be reimbursed for my Nav

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcnaranjo (Post 460111)
Have you tried updating your nav database? I think your nav is Navteq. Maybe the dealer will pay for it...

You should check your radio software version since you have the RER. It's an "old" radio that has been around for years. Since they produce so many to keep on the shelves, it's possible your nav maps are 3-4 years old. It may not matter but worth a check. The software version on your RER (System Settings option after you click the MENU button) will give you an idea of how old the RER is.

BigSteel77 08-04-2011 08:51 PM

I've got all the recent updates and still don't work. I had a 2008 Cherokee limited with the same radio, I believe it was an RER also. It had Navteq and it worked fine.

Dan JGC 08-05-2011 02:11 PM

Always enter the correct city first and then select from the city list. I had run into problems when I couldn't enter the number part of an address (like it didn't exist) then later if I actually selected the city from the city list.....such as Miami must be selected form the city list even though that is all you enter for some reason since there is MIimi Lakes, Miami Gardens, etc. that just entering Miami without pulling up the list to select somehow defaults to some other city that doesn't have the number address part. That may help?

Scottina06 08-05-2011 02:34 PM

it could be that your address isnt in the current maps for that city. It took a couple years for maps to catch up with my new house built on a new street. You know where your house is located...so just find an address that is nearby and work from there until the maps are updated with your address included. Not every address in the US will be on all Nav's.

Hemi05WK 08-05-2011 08:39 PM

what happens if you put all the numbers in without the dash..... just askin'

5.7Unlimited 08-05-2011 11:53 PM

I was going to say that you might be doing it wrong but if you had an RER before than that can't be it. Your new RER would definitely have a newer map and navtec wouldnt "remove" data like a whole street from their maps so your house should be on there. I would try an upgrade or downgrade of the software (you can do either, then go back if something isn't right) then try it out. IF it doesnt work you can always just save your "guide me home" address as a point on your map which you would select manually or by GPS coordinates.

BigSteel77 08-07-2011 07:23 PM

Yeah I've been to jeep numerous time and delt with the service manager. They tried entering certain addresses also. The dash or without it doesn't work. Everything gets greyed out. Chrysler is aware of the problem but there won't be a fix. Just out of curiosity if people can respond to see if this address works in their RER or RHR. it's Bayside Jeep @ 212-19 northern boulevard bayside, NY 11361 . If you guys can post the outcome and specify if RER or RHR

IndyBob 08-08-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSteel77 (Post 461730)
Yeah I've been to jeep numerous time and delt with the service manager. They tried entering certain addresses also. The dash or without it doesn't work. Everything gets greyed out. Chrysler is aware of the problem but there won't be a fix. Just out of curiosity if people can respond to see if this address works in their RER or RHR. it's Bayside Jeep @ 212-19 northern boulevard bayside, NY 11361 . If you guys can post the outcome and specify if RER or RHR

For what's worth on my RHB that address enters without problems. I know you have a differant unit than min so this is just fyi.

BigSteel77 08-08-2011 11:32 AM

I tried the 430 on my friends Cherokee and it does work, thanks. I'm curious about the RHR to see if it works. Jeep told me to install the 430 they would need to re-wire and ad an external mic for Bluetooth .

plynn7 08-08-2011 08:25 PM

I just tried to enter that address on my RER, and I could only enter the first part of the number the dash was greyed out, but when I hit the route button to that address, the Nav read, can not not route to that address please select a another destination.