Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   My 2 month old JGC broke down today. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/my-2-month-old-jgc-broke-down-today-26789.html)

Tonyg41 08-08-2011 12:13 AM

My 2 month old JGC broke down today.

I just got home a hour or so ago from quite a fiasco.
I was driving my JGC I just got in June with just over 1700 miles on it and a bell starts going off and it says check messages. The brake assist malfunctioned the digital and mechanical gauge for speed showed 0 mph while I was doing 65mph on a parkway and engine light and emergency brake light was on. The transmission stopped shifting as well and was stuck at around 4k RPM's. I eventually found a safe area to stop parked and restarted car same lights and warnings came on.

I was given no number from my dealer that they offer road side assistance or if jeep does. I had no way to look it up I ended up having to call my car insurances emergency help and they sent a tow truck. Even with their courtesy tow they have a limit I was short about 14 miles from the dealership and it cost me 77 dollars in extra charges to get to dealership.They were closed but have a drop box with envelopes to put your info on.
I am just glad I or my gf didnt get hurt and the car didnt completely just die while driving in a high speed area.I hope I wont have to fight them to get my money back for expenses I shouldn't have had to deal with and If they have to keep it I will get some sort of rental.
It may just be my luck of the draw but just a heads up to everyone that you should always be prepared and have all that emergency info in order in case something happens to your jeep even if its brand new. Thanks for reading my rant aswell

Lingohocken 08-08-2011 02:14 AM

Re: My 2 month old JGC broke down today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyg41 (Post 461909)
I just got home a hour or so ago from quite a fiasco.
I was driving my JGC I just got in June with just over 1700 miles on it and a bell starts going off and it says check messages. The brake assist malfunctioned the digital and mechanical gauge for speed showed 0 mph while I was doing 65mph on a parkway and engine light and emergency brake light was on. The transmission stopped shifting as well and was stuck at around 4k RPM's. I eventually found a safe area to stop parked and restarted car same lights and warnings came on.

I was given no number from my dealer that they offer road side assistance or if jeep does. I had no way to look it up I ended up having to call my car insurances emergency help and they sent a tow truck. Even with their courtesy tow they have a limit I was short about 14 miles from the dealership and it cost me 77 dollars in extra charges to get to dealership.They were closed but have a drop box with envelopes to put your info on.
I am just glad I or my gf didnt get hurt and the car didnt completely just die while driving in a high speed area.I hope I wont have to fight them to get my money back for expenses I shouldn't have had to deal with and If they have to keep it I will get some sort of rental.
It may just be my luck of the draw but just a heads up to everyone that you should always be prepared and have all that emergency info in order in case something happens to your jeep even if its brand new. Thanks for reading my rant aswell

You're "lucky" this was just an inconvenience plus $75. A lady's minivan died on a bridge near here last week. It was rear-ended and she was killed.

05WK 08-08-2011 02:45 AM

A wk2??

ColdCase 08-08-2011 05:30 AM

The contact info is in the owners manual... oh wait, owners manuals are no longer provided... unless you order one separately.... nevermind :(

Tonyg41 08-08-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingohocken (Post 461925)
You're "lucky" this was just an inconvenience plus $75. A lady's minivan died on a bridge near here last week. It was rear-ended and she was killed.

This was my feeling exactly it could have been alot worse, I am not one to milk a situation or take advantage. This is just something that shouldn't happen and I just hope the dealer does the right thing with the repairs and getting the truck back to me and Chrysler does the right thing and reimburses me for the tow.

Tonyg41 08-08-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05WK (Post 461927)
A wk2??

2011 JGC Laredo X

jgc4ever 08-08-2011 10:24 AM

The 2011 Grand Cherokee has a 3 year / 36,000 mile Roadside Assistance. Find the number, call them up and have them pay you for what it cost.

hammer1234 08-08-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 462010)
The 2011 Grand Cherokee has a 3 year / 36,000 mile Roadside Assistance. Find the number, call them up and have them pay you for what it cost.

Isn't roadside assistance in the uConnect phonebook? I don't know the number but if you say "help" at the first prompt I think it gives you the option to call...

Sammzway 08-08-2011 02:10 PM

I usually use my insurance company's roadside assistance. Free tow to the nearest shop within the 100 mile radios from where you break down. I feel your pain about having your new vehicle breaking down. You buy a new vehicle so you can avoid this aggravation and frustration but when you're faced with such an unpleasant experience, you just want to kick someone's ass. Hang in there bud, everything will work out.

Medichic 08-08-2011 02:27 PM

The number to Chrysler roadside assistance is 1800-521-2779. I entered the number into my mobile phone.

netcoolery 08-09-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medichic (Post 462122)
The number to Chrysler roadside assistance is 1800-521-2779. I entered the number into my mobile phone.

Smart Gal! Thanks for reminding us.

I just did the same thing - later on, when I can dig up the paperwork, I will put my MaxCare contract number in with entry.

Hope I don't need it - but it's better to be prepared.

ArmyRXP 08-09-2011 02:37 AM

If you have a smartphone it is in the app also.