Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Interior color? Roof color? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/interior-color-roof-color-26803.html)

cyanideg 08-08-2011 12:48 PM

Interior color? Roof color?

Will the interior on this new beast be all black? Including the roof?

Street 08-08-2011 06:00 PM

Re: Interior color? Roof color?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanideg (Post 462078)
Will the interior on this new beast be all black? Including the roof?

doesn't look like it... appears to be like the previous gen with grey pillars & roof:

http://www.jeep.com/shared/2011/srt8...ery/image2.jpg

Schleprock 08-08-2011 06:11 PM

my wife hates this to no end. I agree, but not as adamantly as she does. It's a cheapo cost cutting move that shouldn't occur in $50k+ vehicles!!

BostonDMD 08-08-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 462234)
my wife hates this to no end. I agree, but not as adamantly as she does. It's a cheapo cost cutting move that shouldn't occur in $50k+ vehicles!!

I don't think it affects the performance any..... so I will "live" with it......:)

ENFORCER 08-08-2011 06:46 PM

Most car makers now shy away from dark coloured roof linings and dark pillars. This is to avoid the feeling of being closed in. Having dark lower areas and light upper areas in the cabin make people feel more open and less enclosed.

jeep2011 08-08-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENFORCER (Post 462254)
Most car makers now shy away from dark coloured roof linings and dark pillars. This is to avoid the feeling of being closed in. Having dark lower areas and light upper areas in the cabin make people feel more open and less enclosed.

+1

barho 08-09-2011 11:11 AM

I too do not understand why they don't go all black including the ceiling. The new Dodge Grand Caravan RT has an all black interior including the ceiling.

BigHemi2 08-10-2011 07:49 AM

I haven't seen any comments on the hand brake moving to the floor. I personally don't like it...the hand brake is much more of a sporty feel....but I'll learn to live with the floor brake.

jeep2011 08-12-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barho (Post 462662)
I too do not understand why they don't go all black including the ceiling. The new Dodge Grand Caravan RT has an all black interior including the ceiling.

So now we want the Jeep SRT8 to be like a caravan? LOL

barho 08-14-2011 07:53 PM

You missed the point Jeep2011. The grand caravan RT is new and under ther RT badge Chrysker felt it made it look sportier with an ALL black interior, but didn't think the SRT interior would look better ALL black.

Why is it some many people on here miss the point?

BostonDMD 08-14-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barho (Post 465788)
You missed the point Jeep2011. The grand caravan RT is new and under ther RT badge Chrysker felt it made it look sportier with an ALL black interior, but didn't think the SRT interior would look better ALL black.

Why is it some many people on here miss the point?

What exactly is your point?

barho 08-14-2011 08:33 PM

My point is that all black interiors are not "expensive" (if they were then why on earth would they be in a dodge grand caravan) as others have stated and if you are creating a sporty version of a mass production vehicle, an all black interior would be far better.