Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Is invoice plus the $1,000 back a good price for a Limited

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Ron98GT 
#1 ·
My dealer said he will sell a new 2011 limited for invoice plus I get the $1,000 cash back. Is this a good deal? Thanks.

#2 ·
For a 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited you should be able to get anywhere from $450 - $1,100 below invoice PLUS another $1,000 off the price using the rebate/incentive. So you should get at least $1,450 to $2,100 below invoice when using the $1000 rebate/incentive.

#4 ·
My dealer said he will sell a new 2011 limited for invoice plus I get the $1,000 cash back. Is this a good deal? Thanks.
Hammick have you looked at COSTCO, ZAG, USAA etc? Tread Lightly? Those are all affiliate pricing and will be considerably lower than just invoice minus the rebate. For example, I can buy a 2011 Overland 4X4 V8, RHR, DVD, ACC through USAA and get $1561 below invoice BEFORE the $1000 USAA incentive and $1000 Manufacturer rebate. Definitely keep looking...you can do better.

#6 ·
Here is what I get using the American Express choice on Zag.com. These numbers all include the 1k cash back incentive.

2011 Overland 4wd with Hemi (430 nav): MSRP: $45,615
Invoice: $42,820
My price: $41,370

If you ignore the incentive that is $450 under invoice and $1,450 under with the incentive. I am confused how people are getting such good deals. They seem to be under the price the Dealer has in the car.

I have found a 6/11 build Overland that has the 430 nav which is exactly what I want. I have been told I cannot get a 2012 Overland with the 430. Also it seems the 2012 may not have the ELSD unless I get the offroad.

Is $41,370 a good price or just lukewarm. Thanks.

#13 · (Edited)
Here is what I get using the American Express choice on Zag.com. These numbers all include the 1k cash back incentive.

2011 Overland 4wd with Hemi (430 nav): MSRP: $45,615
Invoice: $42,820
My price: $41,370

If you ignore the incentive that is $450 under invoice and $1,450 under with the incentive. I am confused how people are getting such good deals. They seem to be under the price the Dealer has in the car.

I have found a 6/11 build Overland that has the 430 nav which is exactly what I want. I have been told I cannot get a 2012 Overland with the 430. Also it seems the 2012 may not have the ELSD unless I get the offroad.

Is $41,370 a good price or just lukewarm. Thanks.
First: NO, you should get 1% below invoice (Friends & Family) plus the $1,000 Jeep rebate.

Second: posters are saying to get $2.000 off invoice plus the rebate or walk, their not saying that they got that offer. I just bought my Overland with a sticker of $47,150 and got it for 1% below the published invoice (NADA & KBB) and got the $1,000 rebate on top of that (also traded in my Rubicon and one one of my Harleys and got another $22,000 off). I used Friends and Family and the dealer used the FPP number that was on the invoice. Your salesperson will have to get a manager involved since the salespeople are clueless and the manager has to approve it anyway.

#8 ·
Well I am clearly missing something because I just signed up for USAA and it gave me the exact same pricing as Zag.com. In fact I think USAA is just another Zag.com partner.
I can get to zag.com from USAA or PenFed...pricing is the same for each. They did offer good prices at the time ($1100 under invoice, no incentives) but my experience was that the participating dealers were not responsive to my inquiries and in some cases didn't even honor the price. :(

That said, if you can get around $1500 under invoice with the incentive I think that's a decent price. Note that dealers will likely throw in a "documentation fee" so your out the door price may be a bit higher...

#11 ·
Zag.com quoted me a price of $35,440 ($2,356 under invoice) for a base Limited in NJ.
You may want to try different zip codes in your state. When quoting an overland on Zag, I get $38213 ($2800 under invoice) in Northern NJ, while 50 miles south it about $450 more. I guess some dealers are willing to go lower than others.

USAA usually gives you an extra $1000 incentive, but i think you need to have a family member in the armed forces.

#16 · (Edited)
Congratulations. :thumbsup:

Based on your numbers it looks like you got a good price. You got more off the invoice than me, your doc fee is less, plus I had to pay an extra $250 for transportation to have mine shipped up to Las Vegas from a dealer in Southern Arizona (they had all the options I wanted). :eek:

Enjoy, I love my Overland with black leather interior (no saddle). :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.