Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Quadra Lift vs. Coil Spring (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/quadra-lift-vs-coil-spring-26862.html)

mbriddle 08-09-2011 12:58 PM

Quadra Lift vs. Coil Spring

Has anybody done any side-by-side comparison in the ride feel of the QL vs standard coil spring? I suspect that the QL would have a softer ride and less terrain feed back than the coil spring which would lean me away from that. I also have like the ride of Bilstiens in my previous vehicles and it looks like the QL system would eliminate the possiblilty of ever replacing the struts. Still have a few months before I place my order on a new 2012. Can't wait.

Crestwood1001 08-09-2011 04:47 PM

I hear people have been having loads of issues with the QL. I would go coil springs cause they are reliable, and are less expensive to repair or replace if something needs it. I would never go with a mechanical suspension like the QL, sure it looks cool when ur car goes up and down, but to much can fail.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

rich mac 08-09-2011 07:46 PM

Re: Quadra Lift vs. Coil Spring

This from a WK2 owner (not a WK owner) - I have the QL and find it quite smooth, nice to lower the vehicle when parked, and to lift when off road or working under the vehicle. Sure it has more parts to fail, but if that were a deciding factor we'd all be driving four cylinder, manual shift vehicles with no a/c or radio or electric starter or electric lights or (shall I go on?)

Crestwood1001 08-09-2011 08:52 PM

True, but isn't it true there are quite a few issues people are having? But don't get me wrong I think its awesome and wish my wk1 had it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

crtc_01 08-09-2011 10:13 PM

Also a wk2 overland owner. I love the Ql and the ride. I have had the service air message twice around 1000mi and nothing was wrong. Still going strong at 4k. Plus buying any newer car you take a chance some electronic equipment will fail.

eternollie 08-15-2011 06:28 AM

Im have an Overland with QL as well. I had the front end go up and the back go down and stay that way about a month after picking it up. The messages showed up to have the air serviced immediately. Thing is it was SAturday night and I was out of town. So I disconnected the battery to reset everything and havent had one problem since.

I say if your buying this for onroad mainly, like 95% then QL is the way to go. If you want to modify it and do offroading then spring/coil is better as you can add a lift and run bigger tires without rub when its lowered.

I wish I had my exact setup but with colis, as I like to offroad mine.

Thats just my 2 cents tho