Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

2012 6 Speed feedback request

9K views 45 replies 21 participants last post by  sined240 
#1 ·
I figured by now since some members have taking delivery of their 2012 Overland 4x4 HEMI's would some some feedback to report with how the new tranny and torque converter feels compared to the 2011. Can some of you that have taken delivery pass along some noticeable notes on the tranny difference that you have experienced?

I'm still on the fence whether I wait out my 2012 order or just pickup an leftover 2011 and get the ELSD which sounds like is now not included with the Overland 4x4 V8 for 2012.

#46 ·
Just to update, my May 2011 build V8 with the updated 5 speed was going up a approx. 15 degree grade and at approx. 60 mph and when I tapped the gear lever to the left from D to 5. The transmission kicked down a gear. So the updated 5 speed acts like a 6 speed.

Given that the Mopar parts catalog shows the same part numbers for the internals, I am glad I ended up buying the 2011 with ELSD and Quadra Drive II, rather than the 2012 Overland with Quadra Trac II.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.