Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

MPG WK2 In Dominican Republic vs USA

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Archer9 
#1 ·
HI, i am new, i ordered a 2012 WK2 Overland and will reach my hands on September.
My question is the following how can i calculate the MPG of my new WK2 and how can i compare it to your (USA use) when you use USA Gallon and we use Imperial Gallon.
How much more % should i have in MPG than USA use.
Also is the 24.6 gallons tank is it US Gallons (short gallon) or is it Imperial gallons?
I ask this because in my country we don't get any close to your city driving MPG we get more more less, so i don't understand if our gasoline is so bad that it doesn't perform like yours.
i don't have my WK" still but i have a friend that has one and he told me that in highway use in about 115 miles use he got 30-32km per gallons in a speed of 100-130km/h. I know that MPG varies much with the style of driving but lets say for normal driving how much must be my gain or my MPG if i calculate in Imperial metric numbers instead of US Gallons.

Or maybe i am mistaken and always it will be the same MPG because of the computer of the car always calculate on US Gallon not in Imperial Gallons.

One thing to have in mind, US Gallon is 3.785 liter and a Imperial gallon 4.546 liters.

saying this must i have a 20% more MPG than US users?

please any comment, information and clarification on this will be highly appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Felipito, welcome to the garage.
To start with....does the Dominican Republic use the metric system? By this I mean do you buy gas in liters or gallons? And does the odometer read in kilometers or miles? We need to understand the basic units of measurement which will go into your "mileage" calculation.

#3 ·
hi, thanks for the welcome.
we buy in Gallons but as far as i know and the population goes we buy in metric sizes or imperial sizes, which is bigger than your US gallon size.
so when we go to our gas station we buy imperial gallons.
my question is the tank in the Jeep is it 24.6 us gallons or imperial gallons. and also i have hear of cars just giving 10 mpg here (example ford explorer 2011). is the quality of our regular and premium gasoline could be a factor here?
one thing i must addmit this is a small town. our normal city driving is around 2-4 miles each trip and this small trips kills fuel economy. but still in theory we must have 20% more mpg than US users?
or i am mistaken?

#4 ·
hi, thanks for the welcome.
we buy in Gallons but as far as i know and the population goes we buy in metric sizes or imperial sizes, which is bigger than your US gallon size.
so when we go to our gas station we buy imperial gallons.
my question is the tank in the Jeep is it 24.6 us gallons or imperial gallons. and also i have hear of cars just giving 10 mpg here (example ford explorer 2011). is the quality of our regular and premium gasoline could be a factor here?
one thing i must addmit this is a small town. our normal city driving is around 2-4 miles each trip and this small trips kills fuel economy. but still in theory we must have 20% more mpg than US users?
or i am mistaken?

#5 ·
I believe it is all in US Gallons. There is an option to change to the real Metric system of litres and kilometres on the EVIC if that would help you with the conversions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.