Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

what to do with my WK2 stock wheels & tires?

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  J13ntv 
#1 ·
So I have put some new wheels on my WK2 and want to get rid of my stock 18's...any ideas guys? anyone around oregon or washington looking for WK2 18's...

#4 ·
What Rob said, and while your not using them mount winter tires on them. Just keep them semi clean during the winter, then if you go to sell it the stockers are intact.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
You can look on ebay to see what individuals are getting for them. The Jeep will be easier to resale down the road if you still have the stockers.

#7 ·
I paid $1100 for a near new set last winter so I could mount winter tires on them. Post them on the for sale section here and you might be surprised.

#9 ·
Im trying to get all my rims straight. The polished summit, I know are the same style as the overland. These are the one thats have the polished/shiny face and the sides of the spokes are the flat/painted look correct?

#11 ·
Does anyone know what the "NEW" polished wheels with (late availability) look like for the 2012?

Per wk2jeeps

#12 ·
^ That is a good question. I really would prefer all chrome. I see they are on ebay from the aftermarket but the prices are quite high. On black they look sick!

#13 · (Edited)
www.uswheelexchange.com

They use a process called PVD aka; permachrome, supposedly better then chrome. No pitting, peeling, 5yr guarantee.

You can send in your OEM and get them coated, or order a set from them, they charge you a CORE charge, you send your OEM back and you get the CORE refunded. Call and talk to Marcus (The manager) supposedly he can work up some good deals. I read this from the lexus forums, they are a popular company. If your looking for a second set, they can sell outright with no OEM CORE return.

This is from their website

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.