Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Isn't there anything we can do collectively...... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/isnt-there-anything-we-can-do-collectively-27034.html)

BostonDMD 08-13-2011 03:27 PM

Isn't there anything we can do collectively......

as Jeep SRT8 forum participants to find out what the hold up is?

We could have Scott write a letter/email to Cryco. asking them, as the representative of 1000 JeepGarage members and ordering customers, for an explanation of the delay and to get an answer of when production will start.......

I am excited as anyone else who has WK2 SRT8 on order, but I also need to know if I am going to be able to own it while I am still young.......:)

Just a thought.....

Milous 08-13-2011 03:42 PM

Re: Isn't there anything we can do collectively......

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonDMD (Post 465127)

We could have Scott write a letter/email to Cryco. asking them, as the representative of 1000 JeepGarage members and ordering customers, for an explanation of the delay and to get an answer of when production will start.......

I am excited as anyone else who has WK2 SRT8 on order, but I also need to know if I am going to be able to own it while I am still young.......:)

Just a thought.....

Chrysler is usually reluctant to discuss information regarding production delays and the reasons thereof. There have been a lot of SRT8 vehicles advancing to D1 recently, which would indicate that the start of production is not too far off.

bgmail777 08-14-2011 08:36 AM

For what it is worth, I spoke to a Sales Rep yesterday and mentioned that I understand from the Forums that the SRT8's are on Hold, and he said he wasn't aware of that. He said that he just recently placed an order in the ordering system, and it took the order. He said if they were on hold, the system would not have taken the order. I dont' know if that is how their system works...just throwing this out there.

mjw930 08-14-2011 08:53 AM

BostonDMD, not to add insult to injury but since I assume you ordered the tow pack to tow your race car I think that's one of the things that may delay your order. Seems that is now listed as late availability and others on the WK2 section have commented their dealers can't even place an order with the tow package. Looks like a supplier issue if it effects all versions.

bosquemdh 08-14-2011 11:42 AM

The one that I ordered at the beginning of July was originally for dealer stock. They tried to switch it to be my personal order and it would never take it. I have now recieved a call from the dealer saying that it has now accepted the change. So maybe it was because they were on hold and now they aren't? I sure hope that's the case!!!! I'm ready for this thing to get built!!

Scottina06 08-14-2011 11:51 AM

I just found out my dealer CANNOT get an SRT at all...but theres a dealer on facebook claiming he has 12 on the way! How aboiut that ChryCo?

BostonDMD 08-14-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 465383)
BostonDMD, not to add insult to injury but since I assume you ordered the tow pack to tow your race car I think that's one of the things that may delay your order. Seems that is now listed as late availability and others on the WK2 section have commented their dealers can't even place an order with the tow package. Looks like a supplier issue if it effects all versions.

Ouch......:eek:

transam 08-14-2011 12:18 PM

Anyone go beyond D1 status yet on the tracking site?

toothmonger 08-14-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonDMD (Post 465127)

Just a thought.....

We could hold them down and perf a few teeth. Just throwin that out there....:thumbsup:

BostonDMD 08-14-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toothmonger (Post 465749)
We could hold them down and perf a few teeth. Just throwin that out there....:thumbsup:

without any anesthetic......:)

bosquemdh 08-14-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 465479)
I just found out my dealer CANNOT get an SRT at all...but theres a dealer on facebook claiming he has 12 on the way! How aboiut that ChryCo?

I saw this too, I can't help but think they are full of it! They started off saying that they had six coming in next week, now that number has jumped up to 12. At least I hope they are full of it, that is a major screw up if they can get 12 dealer stock and an already sold built to order Jeep can't be produced!

QuickOne 08-15-2011 02:29 PM

My dealer said, his rep told him NOT TO ORDER DEALER STOCK as they won't be honored until commited sales orders are fullfilled.
Maybe that dealer took in that many orders and now they have cancelled, he's keeping them for stock.