Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

WJ - LED Interior... What do I need?

4K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  lll2for3lll 
#1 ·
I hate asking stupid questions, but I also hate ordering the wrong items so if anyone can help it'd be much appriciated.

I am considering converting my interior lights to LEDs for a little more light and to make it look a little more up-to-date.

Looking to purchase the lot from V-LEDs as they seem to be highly rated on here so need bulbs to fit:

Dome/Map light on headlining,
4 door handles on headlining,
rear cargo light on headlining,
glove box,
front door cards,
footwells

Would also consider upgrading the licence plate bulbs too.

Thanks in advance!! :thumbsup:

Oh, I did actually have a look trying to match them up with the info on WJ Jeeps but just got a sore head. :rolleyes:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Just installed the cargo handle bulbs, found them on ebay. They were 44mm led festoon bulbs £2.95 each. The overhead console will take 501's as will the footwells. 501's do fit in the door cards, but in my case I'd have to remove the whole door card, cause the holder is built in or some sh*t:confused:. I did try to fit the bulbs but no go. The rear cargo requires a resistor, but I've not gotten round to doing mine. The licence plate bulbs are 501's also.

I'll shoot you across some details of UK suppliers if you like.

#6 ·
I'll shoot you across some details of UK suppliers if you like.
I'll be in touch if I can't work out what I need from V-LEDs. :lol:

Excellent help, thank you! :thumbsup:

You forgot...lots of money...you'll need that too. Those bulbs are pricey!

Remember though, the prices you see are for a 2 pack...
I'd rather do things properly and V-Led seem rated here.

If you're talking about V-LEDS, then that's not always the case.
Yup, no. of bulbs in on description so is pretty easy to work out. Some singles some twin packs

Sooooo to confirm.....

Dome/Map light, glove box light, footwells and lic plate (description is confusing as it looks like this fits 4 different sockets?). These ones?
Rear cargo light. This one?

Only ones I can find the type of are the handles, 214 doesn't seem to exist on V-Leds site? :confused:

#4 ·
You forgot...lots of money...you'll need that too. Those bulbs are pricey!

Remember though, the prices you see are for a 2 pack...

#5 ·
If you're talking about V-LEDS, then that's not always the case.

The LEDs I bought for my from maps were sold separately. Just be sure to look at the quanity.

It will say:

1 "pair"
Or
1 "each"

#7 ·
#8 ·
Ugh, this just seems like a PITA... I the website links are to confusing not to use the search tool. 214 just doesn't appear in searches tho.

Might relook at this when I have more patience...

#9 ·
A lot of bulbs are interchangeable. That's why.

Like 168 fits 194

#10 ·
Ah I see, so the numbers are just to confuse ya. :)

I'll take a look again tomorrow, when I'm in the mood.

Thanks for the help so far tho guys! :thumbsup:

#11 ·
That's just in general. Be careful with the festoon bulb. Check the measurements of the festoon bulb on the site to make sure it will fit in your ride. Just compare the measurments to what you already have.

#13 ·
Oh ok. The LEDs on the site are 41mm I think because that's what's in the WK's front maps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.