Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   wk2 rear fog light install (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/wk2-rear-fog-light-install-27045.html)

pattyboy 08-13-2011 07:34 PM

wk2 rear fog light install

Picked up kit 82212166....cost 182.20 install was about 4.5 hrs ..it has detailed instruction enclosed (pdf file)...remove rear seat piece of cake support with dogs leash to trailer hitch..worked for me...cut rubber grommet under seat..remove door sills easy stuff..pass side kick panel ...push 2 wire harness through battery boot forget about trying to remove it as per instrutions....dont remove b pillar as instructed not required....removal of tipm easy to get at harness d easy white with Orange trace for tap ...must disassemble 1 1/2 of the connector to achieve 4" for proper splice these r some of the high light to perform this read the instructions first and it will all make sense no( no pictures) pm me if u need details pat...one note if u decide to install a separate switch much simpler not Nessa ray to remove tipm to perform splice......keep in mind the way its set up per instruction the rears go on with the same switch as the front fogs:thumbsup:

jeep2011 08-13-2011 09:02 PM

Re: wk2 rear fog light install

That's awesome how are they activated? Do they come on with the headlights or with a separate switch?

pattyboy 08-13-2011 09:06 PM

Same switch as the front fogs. I have a overland other models may be different! I suggest a separate switch .which will make install simpler....

Sammzway 08-13-2011 11:04 PM

:pics:

1200RT-P 08-14-2011 02:15 AM

i was afraid of this. reag fogs, turning on in conjunction with front fogs is a deal breaker.

where is this PDF you speak of?

Thanks for the data.

Curly 08-14-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1200RT-P (Post 465323)
i was afraid of this. reag fogs, turning on in conjunction with front fogs is a deal breaker.

I agree. Having the rear fog come on with the front is dumb on Jeeps part. I don't know of any other car out there that has that setup. Every other car has a separate switch. You only need the rear fog lights in the worst of conditions. I have my front fog lights set to come on whenever the headlights are on, just for the cool factor. I sure wouldn't want the rear fog light on all the time. How dumb is that?

jeep2011 08-14-2011 02:45 PM

Well considering if the weather is bad enough to have the front fogs on then it would be safe to say the rear should be on as well. I use to keep my fogs on all the time at night, but I stopped a few years ago, certain cars look good with the headlights and fogs on. The GC in my opinion isn't one of those cars...since they are so close to the headlights. For me it works to have them tied together...but with those instructions I am not all about tearing a new car apart for it.

robpp 08-14-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly (Post 465527)
I agree. Having the rear fog come on with the front is dumb on Jeeps part. I don't know of any other car out there that has that setup. Every other car has a separate switch. You only need the rear fog lights in the worst of conditions. I have my front fog lights set to come on whenever the headlights are on, just for the cool factor. I sure wouldn't want the rear fog light on all the time. How dumb is that?

why not, them it would be twice as cool :rolleyes:

wk2pgh 08-15-2011 07:57 PM

Let's see it!!!!

GCOverland 08-17-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 465630)
why not, them it would be twice as cool :rolleyes:

Probably because everyone behind you wouldn't consider you to be "cool" but would think "what an a**" because they are bothered by the bright red light...:D

Dunecrawler 08-20-2011 01:50 PM

Don't get me started on people driving with fogs on all the time...BTW, not sure about the fog switch in the States, but you push the normal headlight switch once for the one set and then a second time for the other (rear) fogs. Maybe get an export model switch?

zer0kid 08-25-2011 11:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1200RT-P (Post 465323)

where is this PDF you speak of?

Thanks for the data.

Installation PDF...