Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   430 N RHB Error Message "Current data not available" (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/430-n-rhb-error-message-current-data-not-available-27077.html)

gokart508 08-14-2011 02:17 PM

430 N RHB Error Message "Current data not available"

Hello all. Very fist post, so please take it easy on me. Just purchased a 2011 Overland Summit and i love it! I have the typical issues everyone else has with the RHB unit. I applied the 23.04.41 update and it went very smoothly. I now have which i didn't have before a Sirius travel link button. When i try to access anything, weather or movies i get the error message of "Current data not available at this time" I have researched extensively and haven't found a fix. Called Sirius 4 times today, sent multiple refresh signals multiple ways and nothing. I have no problems with the radio, just travel link. Any suggestions? Thanks!

J

AAAA 08-14-2011 04:38 PM

Re: 430 N RHB Error Message "Current data not available"

It takes a little time for Travel Link to synch up with Sirius each time you start up the vehicle. Seems like a long time, but it isn't. It needs to download current info for your location. Drive to the corner store and get a coffee. Try again and the data will be there.

gokart508 08-14-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 465682)
It takes a little time for Travel Link to synch up with Sirius each time you start up the vehicle. Seems like a long time, but it isn't. It needs to download current info for your location. Drive to the corner store and get a coffee. Try again and the data will be there.

Thanks for the reply! I have been driving the car all day today and nothing loaded. Any other suggestions? I do like your idea, i would love a cup of joe, unfortunately that's not going to work.

AAAA 08-14-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gokart508 (Post 465693)
Thanks for the reply! I have been driving the car all day today and nothing loaded. Any other suggestions? I do like your idea, i would love a cup of joe, unfortunately that's not going to work.

Hmm. Sorry I don't have any other ideas... maybe reloading the update disk. On the other hand, let the dealer handle it. That's why there is a warranty.;)

gokart508 08-14-2011 06:56 PM

Thanks for helping. Anyone else have this issue?

Radside 08-14-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gokart508 (Post 465760)
Thanks for helping. Anyone else have this issue?

I had this issue also and what I found out is that I didn't let the installation process go through completely even though it appeared to have completed. I reinstalled the software and allowed it to run to completion.

gokart508 08-14-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radside (Post 465813)
I had this issue also and what I found out is that I didn't let the installation process go through completely even though it appeared to have completed. I reinstalled the software and allowed it to run to completion.

I may have done that. When the clock came back on the screen i turned it back on. How do you know its complete? Do you get a complete message? Thanks for the help!

gokart508 08-14-2011 10:11 PM

YAY! Thanks for the suggestion! My guess was correct. When the screen goes black and the clock comes on its not done. Abut 2-3 minutes later it continues to update. Its currently working like a champ! Thanks!

Radside 08-16-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gokart508 (Post 465861)
YAY! Thanks for the suggestion! My guess was correct. When the screen goes black and the clock comes on its not done. Abut 2-3 minutes later it continues to update. Its currently working like a champ! Thanks!

No problem. You and I were not the only ones that made that mistake.