Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   5.7L Exhaust Route Help Needed (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/5-7l-exhaust-route-help-needed-27087.html)

Chaoul1 08-14-2011 06:07 PM

5.7L Exhaust Route Help Needed

I'm getting some work done to the Jeep. I don't want to spill the beans yet because I need sometime getting it done. Well I have a pair of SRT Headers that I got for a good deal.

Now the thing is this. I have emissions here so I need to buy a Mid Pipe w/ Catalytic Converters. I know an SRT Mid-Pipe will bolt on but then I would have two exhaust outlets after that. I want to keep it as stock looking as possible with a single outlet exhaust.

Is it possible to connect a Y-Pipe Design (2 to 1) and and a muffler after that and route it back to the stock location?

What are your ideas for those who have changed your headers in your 5.7L? Should I just go with AR headers? I need a Mid-Pipe with Cats and want to keep a single outlet Exhaust.

Thanks!

viking757 08-15-2011 12:43 AM

Re: 5.7L Exhaust Route Help Needed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 465709)
I'm getting some work done to the Jeep. I don't want to spill the beans yet because I need sometime getting it done. Well I have a pair of SRT Headers that I got for a good deal.

Now the thing is this. I have emissions here so I need to buy a Mid Pipe w/ Catalytic Converters. I know an SRT Mid-Pipe will bolt on but then I would have two exhaust outlets after that. I want to keep it as stock looking as possible with a single outlet exhaust.

Is it possible to connect a Y-Pipe Design (2 to 1) and and a muffler after that and route it back to the stock location?

What are your ideas for those who have changed your headers in your 5.7L? Should I just go with AR headers? I need a Mid-Pipe with Cats and want to keep a single outlet Exhaust.

Thanks!

The possibilities are endless and really up to whatever fabrications you want done.

IMO:

If you are going to go with SRT headers you should go with SRT mids. After that just Y pipe it if you want. It shouldn't be too pricey for a shop to weld it up for you.

EDIT: Im going to be selling my gibson cat back soon for pretty cheap + shipping. Its 3" piping and follows the stock routing and such. Let me know if you are interested.

Chaoul1 08-17-2011 03:43 PM

I might just get the MagnaFlow SRT Mid-Pipes instead. They are much lighter too than stock SRT-Mids.

You have an idea how much a shop would charge to install a Y-Pipe for a single exhaust outlet? After the Y-Pipe I'll install probably a Magnflow Exhaust. I don't want it too loud though.

Escape 08-17-2011 03:57 PM

Replys in Red.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 465709)
Now the thing is this. I have emissions here so I need to buy a Mid Pipe w/ Catalytic Converters. I know an SRT Mid-Pipe will bolt on but then I would have two exhaust outlets after that. I want to keep it as stock looking as possible with a single outlet exhaust. 2 in 1 out muffler, no Y needed or weld one of the outlets closed.

Is it possible to connect a Y-Pipe Design (2 to 1) and add a muffler after that and route it back to the stock location? Yes

What are your ideas for those who have changed your headers in your 5.7L? Should I just go with AR headers? Pain in the ass to install, they are loud, but they do perform very well and are worth every bit of blood sweat and foul language! I need a Mid-Pipe with Cats and want to keep a single outlet Exhaust.

Since you already have the SRT Headers I'd stay with them. Make sure the cats you get are legal in your state!

Thanks!

Chaoul1 08-17-2011 05:39 PM

I just saw another persons set-up. I would like to go with DUal Exhausts, but I want the Spare and decent back pressure too. What do you mean block off an Outlet? Block an outlet coming from the Mid-Pipe? So there's two on a mid-pipe and block one?