Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Weird reb blinking light. SEE PICTURE (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/weird-reb-blinking-light-see-picture-27098.html)

gokart508 08-14-2011 10:17 PM

Weird reb blinking light. SEE PICTURE

Does anyone know what this is? Kinda looks like a headphone Jack:confused:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/...goff/photo.jpg

gokart508 08-14-2011 10:29 PM

Re: Weird red blinking light. SEE PICTURE

Sorry *red

ENFORCER 08-15-2011 07:41 AM

Re: Weird reb blinking light. SEE PICTURE

It might help if you provided a better explanation as to when it flashes, the model of car, did you buy it new, and have you fitted anything aftermarket.
I would guess at some type of after market alarm.
A clearer picture could also assist.

gokart508 08-15-2011 09:14 AM

Sorry, that post was really lacking info

2011 Overland Summit 5.7L

Just got it this past weekend, Build date 12/10. It was the floor model with about 75 miles on it. No aftermarket parts to the best of my knowledge. It flashes when i enter the car and before i start it. My guess it has something to do with the immobilizer? Your thoughts?

Andrew Klossner 08-15-2011 12:56 PM

It's definitely an aftermarket addition. That space is just smooth panel on an Overland, and the owner's manual includes a warning not to mount anything there because it will interfere with the airbag.

Ask the guy you bought it from.

gokart508 08-15-2011 07:03 PM

I thought so. It didn't look factory to me. My summit was in the showroom for some time. Does it possibly have anything to do with that?

blevett 08-16-2011 01:26 PM

It looks like a dealer-installed starter/interrupter jack. I had one on a car that looked very similar. It came with a headphone jack like plug that had to be inserted to start the car.

I believe it can be enabled by the dealer if you wanted the feature.

dahlberg123 08-16-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gokart508 (Post 466541)
I thought so. It didn't look factory to me. My summit was in the showroom for some time. Does it possibly have anything to do with that?

I wonder if that's how your dealer controlled whether or not the vehicle could be started on the showroom floor? To prevent kids from starting it up and running over grandma.

Andrew Klossner 08-16-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahlberg123 (Post 467001)
I wonder if that's how your dealer controlled whether or not the vehicle could be started on the showroom floor? To prevent kids from starting it up and running over grandma.

:confused: I've never seen a car on a showroom floor with the key inside.

gokart508 08-16-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahlberg123 (Post 467001)

Bingo! I think you are correct. Reason being is that the FOB was in the car on the showroom floor. I remember it being in the cup holder the first time i got inside. I bet its some sort of kill switch. Going to dealer this week and will ask. Thanks!

Jeeters 08-18-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Klossner (Post 467070)
:confused: I've never seen a car on a showroom floor with the key inside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gokart508 (Post 467107)
...the FOB was in the car on the showroom floor. I remember it being in the cup holder the first time i got inside.

It would make sense for them to keep the the fob in the vehicle so sales guys could quickly demo the keyless entry and whatnot without having to leave the customer to track down the fob.

nlowell 08-18-2011 04:37 PM

I had that. It's a dealer installed security "option". They plugged a "Deactivator" into mine to stop it from blinking and gave me the marketing card to either call and have it activated (for a fee) or schedule for the company to come out and remove it from my vehicle. I haven't called to have them remove it but I probably will.