Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   When will we get any official information? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/when-will-we-get-any-official-information-27108.html)

NewSRT-8 08-15-2011 12:09 AM

When will we get any official information?

I'm sure like everyone else I have watched all the videos out there about the srt8 and I'm starting to get really frustrated with jeep. No release date and no final pricing yet its starting to get ridiculous. I doubt that I'm the only one that feels this way so let's see what information anyone can get to see if theres at least a projected build date for any pre-ordered truck.

Nickoland 08-15-2011 07:12 AM

Re: When will we get any official information?

How can you be frustrated when you already have one, according to your tag? j/k

Id rather they get it right electronically, perhaps rethink the pricing, prior to releasing it.

Red G8R 08-15-2011 07:25 AM

Other than the release date, all specs and pricing have been released already plus numerous independent tests.
The waiting is hard for everyone.

bosquemdh 08-15-2011 01:24 PM

I noticed Scott said that his dealership will not be getting one of the Jeeps and I was curious as to how to find out if your dealership will be receiving the Jeep? I mean I ordered it and everything so what would stop my dealership from receiving my order? Is there a way to see if they will receive it, would the dealership know if they were eligible to receive the Jeep?

inputusername 08-15-2011 02:46 PM

According to Milous' tracking, I moved from D to D1 today and estimated delivery is 8/30!!! Hopefully, this means that they will be moving quite a few through the lines shortly.

QuickOne 08-15-2011 03:27 PM

The Jeep website claimed available in summer 2011. They still have over a month to meet their deadline.
And who really wants something put out, that has to go to a dealer because of a recall on a simple fuse or something very simple to fix.
You have to get EVERYTHING right.
You could release the fastest, best handling, best value car in the world. Recall it once, and watch your whole reputation go right down the crapper.
Trust me...Any wait is worth it.

And think of it from their side. Do you think they want to delay collecting your money any more than you want it delayed coming to you? Doubtful.

NewSRT-8 08-15-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inputusername (Post 466332)
According to Milous' tracking, I moved from D to D1 today and estimated delivery is 8/30!!! Hopefully, this means that they will be moving quite a few through the lines shortly.

I wonder if anyone else had gotten a proposed delivery date... thats good news those 15 more days

Roger Mathias 08-15-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bosquemdh (Post 466280)
I noticed Scott said that his dealership will not be getting one of the Jeeps and I was curious as to how to find out if your dealership will be receiving the Jeep? I ordered it and everything so what would stop my dealership from receiving my order? Is there a way to see if they will receive it, would the dealership know if they were eligible to receive the Jeep?

I am also wounding if my dealer is going to be able to get one. I have talked to other dealers in my area and one told me that there is allocation and they did not receive one. The other one told me that they did get allocated for one, this dealer is on the srt8 tour also and my dealer who has a very healthly deposit said his rep says there is no allocation and we are getting one ??????.

Unsequestered 08-15-2011 04:37 PM

Inputusername, does your jeep have the tow package?

Roger Mathias 08-15-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsequestered (Post 466440)

Are the tow package late availability?

Scottina06 08-15-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Mathias (Post 466406)
I am also wounding if my dealer is going to be able to get one. I have talked to other dealers in my area and one told me that there is allocation and they did not receive one. The other one told me that they did get allocated for one, this dealer is on the srt8 tour also and my dealer who has a very healthly deposit said his rep says there is no allocation and we are getting one ??????.

The largest jeep dealer in KY says they are getting 3.....and there are 7 epople ahead of me.

inputusername 08-15-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsequestered (Post 466440)

Yes, it does have the tow package on my order.