Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Rattle in Center Console (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/rattle-in-center-console-27119.html)

dmuir 08-15-2011 10:12 AM

Rattle in Center Console

I purchased a 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L All wheel drive in Late June. In the last two weeks, i have noticed a rattle, seemingly originating in the center console or dash area. It is intermittent and typically starts at around 30 MPH and continues through highway speed.
1) Is this common
2) How do i eliminate it?

Thank You

nlowell 08-18-2011 06:36 PM

Re: Rattle in Center Console

I have an annoying creaking sound in that area when I hit bumps or turn the corner. I can't stand it. Maybe its the same thing. Is yours a constant rattle?

Microbmen 08-26-2011 09:32 PM

I have it too. Only seems to do it when climate control on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

djeep 09-07-2011 07:43 AM

I might be able to help here. I detected a rattle a few weeks ago that I swore was coming from the center console. It sounded like it was coming from either the center vents or from behind the media screen. It was worse on bumpy roads. I couldn't eliminate it, so I was resigned to the fact that I'd bring it up to the service department on my next appointment. Then, on a whim, I gently pressed the underside of the rear view mirror towards the windshield. I haven't noticed the rattle since. Try it out.

Microbmen 09-07-2011 07:38 PM

I'll try it tomorrow and let you know. Thanks.

Microbmen 09-10-2011 07:41 PM

Didn't help. I think it's something with the climate control. If it's off I never heard a single click.

Medichic 09-10-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmuir (Post 466095)
I purchased a 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L All wheel drive in Late June. In the last two weeks, i have noticed a rattle, seemingly originating in the center console or dash area. It is intermittent and typically starts at around 30 MPH and continues through highway speed.
1) Is this common
2) How do i eliminate it?

Thank You

If you apologize for calling it....geez, I can't even type this without getting queasy, All wheel drive, maybe the rattling will stop.
Can't get any more 4x4 than a Jeep!:thumbsup:

jarrod 09-13-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medichic (Post 482349)
If you apologize for calling it....geez, I can't even type this without getting queasy, All wheel drive, maybe the rattling will stop.
Can't get any more 4x4 than a Jeep!:thumbsup:

Speaking of that..I saw an AWD CJ5 for sale today...
I have the rattle as well.... some days it doesn't make a sound and others days it is extremely annoying.