Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Help! Roanoke, VA (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/help-roanoke-va-27169.html)

dowdy85 08-16-2011 08:59 AM

Help! Roanoke, VA

I am looking for someone in the area who has a hemi, preferably an overland to compare rides with. I am still convinced, despite what dealer says, there is something wrong with my transmission. I want someone else to drive mine to compare.

Chaoul1 08-16-2011 10:27 AM

Re: Help! Roanoke, VA

What seemsto be the problem? WHy don't you just take it to the dealership lol

dowdy85 08-16-2011 10:31 AM

I have. The vehicle has been in the shop 33 days since November 1st. They will not admit anything is wrong.

J13ntv 08-16-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dowdy85 (Post 466876)
I have. The vehicle has been in the shop 33 days since November 1st. They will not admit anything is wrong.

Whats the issue with the tranny? And have you gotten a second opinion from another dealership by any chance? Might be worth a shot. Also you can test drive a v8 hemi 2011 new to compare, right?

dowdy85 08-16-2011 10:42 AM

I have taken it to another dealer. I have had front differential replaced, every service bulletin performed. The car struggles to down shift and clunks. When I accelerate it feels like the car is fighting it, with vibrations that are noticeable by passengers. Both dealers say thats how car is made. Thoughts?

Chaoul1 08-16-2011 12:31 PM

^^^^Test drive another 2011 WK2 on the lot. That's my opinion!

HEMInator 08-16-2011 12:35 PM

Look up Virginia Lemon Law. 33 days? You have to be getting close to the lemon law requirement for days in the shop. It wouldn't be in the shop that long and they wouldn't have replaced something if they really thought it was fine...sounds like an incompetent service shop. Check your lemon law..might just be a lemon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dowdy85 (Post 466892)
I have taken it to another dealer. I have had front differential replaced, every service bulletin performed. The car struggles to down shift and clunks. When I accelerate it feels like the car is fighting it, with vibrations that are noticeable by passengers. Both dealers say thats how car is made. Thoughts?

hur1ey02 08-16-2011 06:54 PM

I have a 5.7L and currently in Richmond. I'll be in Roanoke August 28th if you haven't found some clarity by then.

dowdy85 08-16-2011 08:34 PM

The true days at dealer is 18. It has been there 33 because the dealer is 1 hr from my home. I cannot make it during week. I will look at Virginia lemon law. Any thoughts anyone?

If you are in Roanoke, I'd like to compare.

J13ntv 08-16-2011 10:13 PM

Test drive vehicles on their lot, if they don't do the same thing, have them explain the reason why yours does.

HEMInator 08-16-2011 10:34 PM

Here's the link to the Virginia General Assembly Law regarding the "Lemon Law". DMV. Basically, if your vehicle has been out of service for 30 calendar days or more, had 1 or more attempts to fix a MAJOR SAFETY issue or 3 or more attempts to fix a non-comformity issue...you qualify. Not sure what you meant by 18 "real days" but if it's been 33 calendar days, it qualifies. How many separate times have you taken it in for the same problem? Time to file the lemon law my friend.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...od+59.1-207.13

Quote:

Originally Posted by dowdy85 (Post 466815)
I am looking for someone in the area who has a hemi, preferably an overland to compare rides with. I am still convinced, despite what dealer says, there is something wrong with my transmission. I want someone else to drive mine to compare.

J13ntv 08-16-2011 11:13 PM

I would say based on his explaination, its been in the shop for 18 days. 33 total because he can't get to the dealer to pick it up. If its done on a thursday but he picks it up saturday, you can't include those two days YOU didn't pick up the vehicle. I assume thats what he means...