Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Detailing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/)
-   -   Get White Wax/Polish Marks off Black Texture...EASY!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/get-white-wax-polish-marks-off-black-texture-easy-27196.html)

AShoe 08-16-2011 07:32 PM

Get White Wax/Polish Marks off Black Texture...EASY!!

I know I saw a forum on one of Jeep sites but never saw this solution, since I cleaned my Jeep and 4Runner today I thought I would throw this out there for you all to ponder. I was tired of seeing wax on the black texture pieces from the previous owner of the 4Runner so I tried to think of things that would stick to the surface and not damage anything...tire black didn't seem to do it and I cant stand Armor All so I tried WD-40. Yes, we all have some for the other random squeeks in our homes but this stuff is magic when it comes to a long term covering agent of white marks on the black plastic!

Try it, it doesnt hurt paint or plastic but it will save you a lot of headaches and keep you from walking by and shaking your head wishing you could get it off.

Also, I use it to bring out what seems like a "new" plastic look on my WK's bumper area, side skirts, back of the mirrors, etc. It doesnt draw dust like a lot of oily products and it gives it more of a never sat in the sun look rather than a cheep, layered hair gel look!

So, grab a microfiber towel and some WD-40 and get those sad wax marks off of those Jeeps!!

Hopefully this atleast helps someone out there!! Good luck!!

B.P.O.D 08-17-2011 03:46 PM

Re: Get White Wax/Polish Marks off Black Texture...EASY!!

you can also use meguiars #39 or apc+ and fully remove the white residue;)

TurboDiesel 08-28-2011 03:15 PM

ooo i gotta try this....wonder where my WD40 is tho..hmm

thanks for the tip!

BuckeyeSRT 09-02-2011 08:08 PM

Peanut butter(creamy) and a tooth brush trumps them all.

uniquetreatone 09-02-2011 08:19 PM

I think I'll try the WD40 but I've heard about the peanut butter & I'm just worried I'll wake up one day with a family of squirrels licking my roof rack...lol

AShoe 09-02-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uniquetreatone (Post 477884)
I think I'll try the WD40 but I've heard about the peanut butter & I'm just worried I'll wake up one day with a family of squirrels licking my roof rack...lol

Lol...you can patent a new fly trap with that! Crazy solution...all I want to know is who thought to try this!? Crazy!! But good info!!

tri0829 09-02-2011 09:40 PM

meguiars back to black works pretty well also, although dont get it on the paint its a pain to get off cause its oily but gives the plastic a nice shimmer and looks brand new

AShoe 09-02-2011 10:14 PM

Does the black part on top of your rear bumper look grainy? Like can you tell the swirls in the black plastic? Mine has gained color slowly but it still seems strange...just wondering if I was alone here...lol!?

BuckeyeSRT 09-03-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AShoe (Post 477945)
Lol...you can patent a new fly trap with that! Crazy solution...all I want to know is who thought to try this!? Crazy!! But good info!!

Peanut Butter solution (if that is what you are talking about) has been around for a long time. I used to use it on my 03 Mini Cooper S. Nothing gets ride of it(old wax) better. Don't leave the brush laying around or you will be chasing your dog around with the brush in his mouth...or so I have heard.:)

Crestwood1001 09-04-2011 12:01 AM

A good soft pink eraser works well to. I would NEVER put WD-40 near my paint, but I also care how my black looks, that shits to greasy